Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman Reviews

½ December 10, 2012
Tries to force all the fun of the first, no where near as good.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
½ December 2, 2012
Highly recommended :)
November 19, 2012
hated it, I thought this film was crap, I didn't like this film, I expected better, I will not watch this film again, it starred Christopher Allport, David Allen Brooks and Matt Falletta, I didn't like this movie
November 5, 2012
I like these kind of movies
½ October 28, 2012
Horrors are supposed to be scary, comedies are suppose to be funny, and movies are supposed to be entertaining. This one goes 0-3
Cinema-Maniac
½ September 9, 2012
Back in January I reviewed a little horror called Jack Frost about a killer snowman. While I did give the film a 30%, I would recommended for people who like bad movies and it did have a certain to charm to it. The sequel on the other hand offers little to nothing that the original gave us.

Now lets be honest, if you have a killer snowman in your movie it's a safe bet you'll not going to care about the plot. Why would you, the movie is self aware and that's where most of the problem comes from. It's too self aware and attempts to go for a more comedic approach and forget about the horror aspect of the original. So we get intentional comedy that will barely get a laugh. The plot is easily forgettable and filled with annoying characters that you'll love to see get killed by the mutant snowman. The death scenes here aren't as funny as in the original, the most hilarious death in this sequel was.... nothing. The original gave us a snowman raping a human and than smoking a cigar, if that's not good comedy I don't what is. Another problem with the sequel is Jack Frost kids, yes, a killer mutant male snowman can produce kids. And by gosh are they as annoying as Jar Jar Binks and even sound like him too. These little snowman won't shut up and the added back effects are a nice touch. The low budget effects will make you laugh, they're really that awful.

Now there are couple things that standout from this sequel, like the absurd weakness. So in the original our sheriff blood mixes Jack Frost DNA and therefore got his allergies of Bananas. Yes, it's Bananas that ultimately becomes a weapon to kill mutant snowman. Now I actually was inspecting something not intelligent, but seriously why Bananas. I did not sit through some boring exposition, a pointless a photo-shoot scene where our snowman gets some face time a model chest, and especially some horrid acting just to see our mutant snowman get killed by Bananas! So does anything interesting happen or anything remotely funny happens in this sequel, well it will probably offend Asians, but that's not positive for the movie.

Jack Frost 2: Revenge Of The Mutant Killer Snowman just doesn't the same elements that made the original a fun watch even if it's a bad movie. The novelty wears off pretty quickly here with nothing special. I would recommend watching the first entry for some good laughs and as absurd plot, but leave the sequel untouched and frozen where it's at.
½ July 21, 2012
C-

A step back from the first movie but still fun to watch.
½ June 9, 2012
Hilariously bad. Beyond the fun kills and corny characters, the film is so unserious and low budget that it ends up being entertaining. I think I liked the first one better though, as this one doesn't focus enough on Jack, as more so to the little critter snowballs. It's low budget, but it's fun.
June 4, 2012
First one was better
March 4, 2012
Everything from the acting to the effects is rediculous and what do you get out of that a horrible film that is nothing but plain stupid.
½ February 8, 2012
Hilariously bad (literally).
February 1, 2012
More of the comedy side than the original but entertaining for horror/slasher fans only.
January 31, 2012
only shit is this movie crap, dont even think about watching, you would think that a crap horror movie could get a chick to show some tits but no.
½ January 30, 2012
Jack Frost makes a trip to the islands...yeah that's the actual premise. No matter how dumb this series happens to be I still feel the need to watch them. Yes they're bad, yes they're corny, yes they're poorly written, but you cannot deny the lure of a killer snowman. It's worth the watch for a few laughs.
½ January 1, 2012
isn't michael keaton jack frost?
December 27, 2011
Film about a killer snowman on the loose on a tropicl island. He has a good voice on him and does not stammer. Then come the bananas!!
December 21, 2011
More of the same only this time the set-pieces are all the more ridiculous, too much so in fact.
December 5, 2011
I WILL DESTROY THIS MOVIE!!!
November 15, 2011
OMG they made snow man into a scary movie