Jack Irish: Bad Debts Reviews

• Dec 19, 2019

Loved it. Want more.

Loved it. Want more.

• Aug 22, 2018

Guy Pearce brings the late great Peter Temple's down at the heel gumshoe to life. I'll admit, when I first saw Pearce cast as Jack Irish I didn't buy it. But Pearce makes the character his own. Backed by a superb Aussie cast (special mention goes to Aaron Pedersen as the charismatic Cam) witty dialogue and some great Melbourne scenery, it's a must watch for anyone who likes stylish noir, well told.

• Al S Super Reviewer
    Apr 12, 2014

A terrific and engaging mystery series that has a tremendous amount of style, suspense, dark humor and action. A full-on and extremely exciting Australian noir. A stunning and mesmerizing crime-drama. Guy Pearce creates one of his best characters ever in one of his most exciting performances. A thrilling piece of television. It's the real deal; great storytelling and great acting.

• Aug 17, 2013

Jack Irish is amazing! Can't wait for more to be made!

Jack Irish is amazing! Can't wait for more to be made!

• Jan 07, 2013

Enjoyed both Jack Irish films very much...bought both on DVD as soon as they were available. Hope there will be more to come. High quality Australian drama.

• Jan 01, 2013

I'm not familiar with the Peter Temple novels this miniseries is based on, but this seems to be faithful according to some comments. Guy Pearce plays the titular debt collector cum detective, who for the first part in the series, gets embroiled in a case of police corruption. Pearce is good, but the format of the TV movie is very talky, with dialogue so packed with information a simple distraction can cause you to lose part of the plot. Surely a good mystery, but the presentation is monotonous.