Jack Reacher Reviews

• Mar 28, 2021

My Husband loved the books and he would have liked the movie except for the casting of Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise is certainly not convincing in the role mainly because of his size. The following is a description given of the book character: His gaze was both wise and appealing, both friendly and bleak, both frank and utterly cynical." Reacher is described as being 6 feet 5 inches (1.96 m) tall, weighing 210–250 pounds (95–113 kg) and having a 50-inch (130 cm) chest. That is a far cry from Tom Cruise who is just over 5'7", weighs approx. 150lbs and doesn't portray the personality of the book character realistically: I am a fan of Tom Cruise who is a very popular and talented actor but, appearance wise someone like Adrian Bouchet would be much more convincing. I understand Tom Cruise asked to play the role but the decision to let him was disappointing for some who are fans of the book character. Should realistic casting be important? The movie was not spoiled for me but my husband couldn't get past his disappointment in the casting of someone who is such a far cry from the Reacher character.

• Mar 21, 2021

Great screenplay, great directing and great acting make this an excellent movie.

• Mar 19, 2021

Not sure what everyone sees in this movie.

Not sure what everyone sees in this movie.

• Mar 07, 2021

Too violent for me, other than that it was pretty enjoyable

Too violent for me, other than that it was pretty enjoyable

• Mar 03, 2021

Solid thriller. You can see McQuarrie laying the groundwork for Mission: Impossible here, some great shots and sequences.

• Jan 27, 2021

Jack Reacharound!!!!!

Jack Reacharound!!!!!

• Jan 14, 2021

if you are tom cruise fan, you will love it.

if you are tom cruise fan, you will love it.

• Dec 30, 2020

Good film, decent story with good action. Definitely worth watching.

Good film, decent story with good action. Definitely worth watching.

• Dec 28, 2020

Tom Cruise tries to become something in between Jason Bourne, Deckard Shaw, John McClane, James Bond and I don't know who else, but ends up as a near parody of none of them. This is such an obvious effort to make another franchise action character that it's almost painful, and several actors also don't seem to believe in other than their fat fee, delivering several shots bellow par. Like so often the opening ten minutes are not too bad, where what could have been a gripping plot gets established. But from then on it slowly starts to wind up into almost nothing other than a by the book action thriller cliché, where the most exciting part is seeing good old Robert Duvall truly having fun, because he's the only actor who really doesn't give a damn.

• Nov 27, 2020

It's a sad day, when Child's prodigy becomes a vanity project for a short arse ! Oh, let's throw in the appalling "Bullitt" attempt at a car chase as well.