The Jackal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jackal Reviews

½ June 4, 2014
One of my favorite action flicks. Bruce Willis does an impressive job playing the villain in this.
½ June 4, 2014
May 30, 2014
1994's Pulp Fiction Is My Seventh Favorite Film Of All Time.
½ May 23, 2014
Despite what some may think this is an excellent movie. More of a thriller than an action movie, Bruce Willis is superb as a bad guy. In fact it's only real flaw is that by the end I always find my self rooting for the Jackal instead of the hero.
½ May 21, 2014
Why was this movie even made? As generic as they come, and has no redeeming qualities at all. The plot is convoluted as it is full of holes.
½ May 8, 2014
This starts of rather slow but it gets better as it goes along.

Bruce Willis' villain is so good I almost wanted him to succeed.
½ April 17, 2014
Good! but kind of old for me, hard to understand at the beginning.
March 19, 2014
Great on paper, bad on screen. Gere and Willis try but are smothered in a bad story.
February 8, 2014
The original "Day of the Jackal" was brilliant. This re-make never should have been made. The music was a mess. It was someone's idea to have some over-blown, melodramatic love theme kick in when two former lovers came face to face. These cues sounded very out of place. There was an abundance of cliches, with the F.B.I higher-up gradually trusting the prisoner his organization turned to for help more and more. They practically became buddies. This simply doesn't stand up to the original movie whose story this is supposed to be based on.
½ February 8, 2014
Bruce Willis is a hitman hired by the mob to kill a target, and Richard Gere is sent by the FBI to stop him. This could have been so much better, instead, it is about as bland as could be and just not that interesting. It never really picks up and is instead quite a wasted opportunity.
January 22, 2014
Bruce Willis is my favorite actor so im biased. I enjoyed seeing Bruce play the villian, and also thought his character was very interesting. The story does lack suspense and execution but still a good film overall. Bruce is a bad man in this one.
January 12, 2014
even playing a bad guy and his movie is Awesome!!
½ January 12, 2014
1/12/2014: Considering the great actors, this movie was a bit disappointing. Other than a few good action scenes it was a little slow. The story was also poorly developed.
December 17, 2013
If you can pass Richard Gere's attempt at an Irish accent (it's almost as bad as Brad Pitt's in The Devil's Own), you may enjoy this remake of Day of the Jackal.
It's not as good as the original, but it's an entertaining action packed thriller with quite a good performance from Bruce Willis, where he's not playing another Die Hard hero part.
Sidney Poitier's last film released in the cinema before moving onto TV films.
Watch out for Jack Black.
December 11, 2013
una de las peliculas mas estupidas y ridiculas que he visto
December 1, 2013
Entertaining and had some comedic moments. Never seen Willis do so many costume changes ;)
½ October 29, 2013
Richard Gere felt a bit miscast but deserves praise for his good Irish accent and portrayal of an IRA sharp shooter. The Jackal has a star studded cast and it works to its advantage. The Jackal is your typical shoot-em-up thriller with really nothing new added to the genre but take it for what it is and enjoy the two hours of explosions and guns.
September 30, 2013
I could have done without some parts. Particularly the gay sex scene. However, I think the movie was good aside from that. Personally, I thought Bruce Willis' role as the bad guy was interesting.
½ September 23, 2013
A movie that should be better
September 8, 2013
Pretty standard thriller with an amazing cast. The characters really stand out and are very unique. If you haven't seen this movie I would defiantly recommend it.