The Jacket - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jacket Reviews

July 25, 2016
Worth a watch but really not Knightley or Brodys best work here. The film suffers from genre conventions is this a horror film? It is suspenseful or at least claustrophobic at times. There's a better film in here somewhere - Jacobs Ladder Tim Robbins (1990) hahaha
½ June 14, 2016
Oh this one is good. Ignore the critics. The audience is right on this one.
June 8, 2016
Interesting use of sic fi and an old classic, well acted with a neat screenplay.
May 28, 2016
A time-travel tale with an underdeveloped story!
½ April 21, 2016
Great movie. The story is very much a combination of 12 Monkeys, The Butterfly Effect and Jacob's Ladder, though it still works in delivering an intriguing plot with good twists and great performances from Brody and Knightley.
½ April 6, 2016
A brilliant line up of cast members and yet it somehow falls short. The Jacket dresses up like a psychological thriller and even acts like one, but in the end it's just a bit of fiction and doesn't measure up.
January 22, 2016
A convoluted and messy mystery which often shines with its interesting acting and peculiar tricks, but doesnt go beyond the common suspense tropes and is as unispired as it is poorly directed.
January 21, 2016
Really good movie. Ambitious and just the right balance of confusion and desire to know what's going on throughout. Cleverly done and well directed. The ending might be a little bright for some, but I don't need every film to end like Se7en.
½ January 3, 2016
The more I think about it, the more dumb the whole thing kinda feels to me. There's no real explanation as to why anything happens or why anyone feels motivated to act the way they do. You're just kinda thrown into the situation and that's it. But I guess that's not entirely a bad thing. Still, I read it's pretty much a copy of 12 monkeys and I kinda thought the same thing then. I felt like a big surprise was waiting for me at the end and not really.
December 20, 2015
I remember being surprised that many people who saw this movie didn't enjoy it at all. It is one of my favorites.
December 11, 2015
just got done watching this movie for like maybe the 5th time really love this movie very interesting
November 9, 2015
I Always Liked This One, Decent Sci-Fi....
November 8, 2015
A claustrophobic thriller that always keeps you guessing, and Brody's performance as a delusional psych ward inmate is scary good.
½ November 5, 2015
I can understand why some critics didn't like this movie, but I don't understand its 44% rating. Although the ending wasn't as exciting as I thought it was going to be, it is still an amazing and extremely underrated movie.
September 20, 2015
That was pretty good. :)
½ August 10, 2015
I kept thinking this artsy high minded bullcrap was going somewhere but it never does.
½ March 1, 2015
Well acted but overall creepy mind fuck of a movie.
February 20, 2015
Good movie, totally underrated!
½ January 12, 2015
funniest shit i have ever seen
½ September 11, 2014
An original story backed with some excellent casting performances. The Jacket falls into the 'Fight Club, Memento, Machinist' category yet has a warmer outlook.