Jackie Chan: The Myth Reviews

• Jan 25, 2019

I just watched this for the first time and LOVED it! Was yelling at the screen a few times in excitement! Maybe the reviewers watched the American version - which cut out a LOT of the action and cool stuff. I saw the 1 hour 53 minute cut with subtitles.... so so good. Or maybe they only like the silly Jackie and this was NOT that. A real action adventure film. Yes a few spots that stretch the imagination, but didn't even care cuz it totally fired me up. Sweet romance and amazing adventure. Loved how they tied the flashbacks in to the present time story. One of my top 5 Jackie Chan films. Highly recommended.

• Jul 23, 2018

plenty of rooms for improvement, especially the CGI.. oh gosh~

plenty of rooms for improvement, especially the CGI.. oh gosh~

• Apr 10, 2018

Good for young people who just start to find down Chinese's culture.

Good for young people who just start to find down Chinese's culture.

• Jan 04, 2017

Enjoyable and entertaining action scenes and good locations/ cinematography for the most part. However an overpowering score, a couple moments of bad CGI, and the uneven plot and tone hurt things considerably. Still no one does action like Chan(even when in his 50s).

• Mar 31, 2016

10/10 would watch again

10/10 would watch again

• Nov 13, 2015

Review: This is another one of those over complicated movies that I really got fed up watching! It started of simple and I was quite impressed with the way it looked but once it started to go back and forth in time, I really lost interest. The action scenes were also a bit poor but I was impressed with Jackie Chans house boat. This is the bit of the story that I understood, Chan plays Jack whose an archaeologist who keeps on having dreams were he is a General saving a Korean Princess. He then gets approached by his best friend to help him locate the mausoleum of the Chinese first emperor and while he sets out on his Indiana Jones type adventure, his reoccurring dreams soon collide with his work. Sounds simple but it really isn't. There's other elements to the storyline which are really hard to explain because I lost the plot halfway through the movie. I was hoping that the martial arts would save the day but the weird horse kicking and the silly arm grabbing Kung Fu, was really bad. You could tell that they used a big budget for the film because the epic scenes during 221BC when Chan is playing General Meng Yi, had a lot of extras on horses with complex action scenes but it still wasn't enough to save the movie. The weird flying princess near the end didn't help matters but the acting wasn't bad from the cast. In all, it's another disappointing movie from Jackie Chan, mainly because of the confusing storyline and "over the top" action scenes but the cinematography was OK. Disappointing! Round-Up: This movie was directed by Stanley Tong who brought you Supercop 1 & 2, Rumble in the Bronx, First Strike and Mr. Magoo, which was a weird project to take on after directing mainly action movies. He also produced Chinese Zodiac and the Martial Law series with Samo Hung so he's had some experience in the action department. This 2hr epic adventure, would have been much better if he would have stuck to one topic but he kept on switching the direction of the plot, so I just gave up after a while.  Budget: HK$15million Worldwide Gross: N/A I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/adventure/martial arts/comedies starring Jackie Chan, Bing Shao, Mallika Sherawat and Hee-seon Kim. 2/10

• Apr 06, 2014

Very good Movie But Hated The Way It Ended

Very good Movie But Hated The Way It Ended

• Dec 20, 2013

Terrific historical action romance with the Jackie Chan touch.

Terrific historical action romance with the Jackie Chan touch.

• Aug 11, 2013

Archaeologist Jack (Jackie Chan) and scientist William (Tony Leung Ka Fai) tour to India where they discover mysterious artifacts that transport Jack back in time to his past life as a warrior general with a love long forgotten. also stars Hee-seon Kim, Malika Sherawat, Shao Bing, Jin Song, Min-su Choi, Tam Yiu Man, Ram Gopal Bajaj, Rongguang Yu, Sun Zhou, Hayama Hiro, Wong Hop Hi, Low Houi Kang, Sudanshu Pandde, Lau Sze Wai, Mallika Sherawat and Ken Lo. directed by Stanley Tong.

• Jun 28, 2013

I think I'm alone on this one, but I found this film to be really good. It was a lot of fun to watch and I even thought that the story was interesting for the most part. This is just one of many examples of why I prefer Jackie Chan's Chinese cinema.