Jackson County Jail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jackson County Jail Reviews

January 17, 2013
Must see. The man can run.
½ October 27, 2012
Does not reflect well on men as the only decent guy the lead meets is a repeat convict. The rest include a boss who berates her, her cheating husband, a youth who carjacks her, a cop who wrongfully arrests her, and a deputy who rapes her.
½ April 24, 2012
A good, gritty little exploi from the Corman era of likewise films. Most interesting for an early glimpse of Tommy Lee Jones at work. And he's great in this too!
It's got its cheese, as all these films do, and some other B-movie issues here and there, but the story is great, the acting is good and they do a lot with their budgetary constraints. Not a classic of the genre, but certainly no stinker either.
March 25, 2012
the first 35 or so minutes of this are dull as hell but the second half bumps it up somewhat. Tommy Lee Jones is great!
January 18, 2012
"They're Going To Kill You." "That Don't Matter. I Was Born Dead." Dang depressing exploitation flick. I really love the first fifteen/twenty minutes and the last fifteen/twenty minutes, but the middle is bogged down in a lot of mundane scripting. A young, Rolling Thunder era Tommy Lee Jones partners up with the savage housewife, Yvette Mimieux after her brutal rape inside a hick jailhouse. Jones is a disgusting brute, but has wonderful chemistry with Mimieux and their final getaway had me cheering the way only B Movie exploitation can. Not a great film, but a must-see for fans of the Roger Corman sensibility. VF.
½ April 15, 2011
This is an effective Roger Corman produced thriller and one of Tommy Lee Jones' first starring roles.
½ April 4, 2011
"Watch it they'll kill you!" "That's alright, I was born dead anyways."

It's a rather ugly exploitation, but the visual style and look of it makes this one well worth watching. The cinematography is actually quite beautiful in parts. Tommy Lee in his first staring role is also really good.
January 13, 2011
Very dated now but interesting when first released. Some wildly varied acting.....depressing plotline...good performances by the two leads. Compares badly to other films of the era such as Taxi Driver and Alice doesn't live here anymore. Roger Corman produced.
October 21, 2010
Poor Yvette gets a raw deal in this one. Quality Corman exploitation fare has every character in film doing her wrong except the guy in the jail cell next to her, who is up on a murder rap. Tommy Lee Jones is good in this.
½ August 18, 2010
A poor movie overall...story was pretty interesting so could've done better
July 25, 2010
'The cops are there to protect her... but who will protect her from the cops?'

'What they do to her in the Jackson County Jail is a crime!'

'The way out is murder!'

Tommy Lee Jones 1st starring role, and features a young Robert Carradine (Revenge of the Nerds) as well.

Produced by Roger Corman.
April 28, 2009
I luv' this movie & have watched it several times over the years... also 1 of my favorite's with Tommy Lee Jones...Yvette Mimieux was jus' flawless!
½ October 27, 2008
September 2, 2008
A spirited thriller with Mimieux smokin' it up and TLJ doing some macho crap.
January 20, 2008
A good cheapo: It has a sleazy vibe and also an important message. The beginning is a bit dreary, but when the young Tommy Lee Jones turns up the film gets cracking. CHECK IT OUT.
November 10, 2007
Saw this in the early 70's. Liked it. Didn't have the money to get in at the drive in...so I drove around back. The owner of the drive in came back to the fence and told me to come in...no charge. Enjoyed the film. Y.M. looked great through out.