Jade Tiger (Pai yu lao hu) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jade Tiger (Pai yu lao hu) Reviews

½ May 14, 2015
The Jade Tiger's core theme is that violence just brings about more violence. The protagonist wants to avenge his father's death, but the villainous poison weaponed using Tang Clan are after him. After some kills, some subterfuge, and lots of undercover work, the final scene is somewhat beautiful, in which the main hero decides to quit the martial arts world because everything is meaningless when everyone is dead.
February 7, 2012
Interesting plot - with a moral for the violence of martial arts. I found the story interesting but not believable.
January 29, 2011
This might be the best cast gathered for one Shaw Brothers film that I've ever seen. Ti Lung, Yueh Hua, Derek Yee, Ku Feng, Lo Lieh, Lily Li, and a couple other people who's names I don't know yet. I'm still working on it. I enjoyed the movie but I can tell it's from the same director as The Magic Blade. I didn't enjoy that one as much as the Chang Cheh films of the world either. Something about the tone, I'm not sure. This one had a lot of great fights between some really enjoyable characters, though as one might expect, the women screw up everything! Haha I mean in terms of the story. He was undercover you idiot!!
September 16, 2007
The seemingly endless plot-twists might seem ridiculous but this is a peculiarly beautiful, thoughtful film. A charming fairy tale.
January 21, 2007
I want i want i want it it it ...