The Jade And The Pearl (Fei tsui ming chu) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jade And The Pearl (Fei tsui ming chu) Reviews

½ December 11, 2013
Nothing special but a light heated romantic comedy, don't expect anything from this movie.
½ February 24, 2012
Truth is, Charlene Choi is in the process of transforming in something hominous, like the Sandra Bullock of the Far East or Madame Meg Ryan Butterfly... The gal, nice as she is, must yet show her true colors and talent. Unfortunately, the story doesn't help here, a mish mash of graustarkian romance and chinese drama: so-so, especially remembering how in golden age of HK love stories were irriverent and everyone ended scoring on anyone; here, losers continue to lose, meh.
½ October 28, 2011
Really wonder what did the actors, director, screenwriters as well as the investors feel when they saw this crap.
September 10, 2011
This is something you just must see! Honk Kong comedy which is one of the best coming from this part of the world. Last time I enjoyed a fairy tale fantasy so much was when I saw Enchanted! And this is not too far from it, but there is no singing in this one... :-)

The story is about a real princess... During her long journey to a foreign land for her dream marriage, Princess Yan (Charlene Choi) finds herself falling in love with General Cheng (Raymond Lam) who is leading the military escort. Regardless of their forbidden love, they exchange love tokens. However a sudden attack by a bandit gang changes their destiny. General Cheng was taken hostage by the female leader of the bandits, Zhu (Joey Yung) and he gradually falls in love with her. Drama continues to unfold as Cheng is faced with tough decisions.

This film has a story, has really good actors, chemistry between the main characters, wonderful music, adventure, love, lots of laughs... list it, it has it! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did...
July 10, 2011
charlene did well in this movie
½ January 1, 2011
When Shaw Brothers try to make movies for the sake of putting their stars together to sell tickets, this is what happens.
November 23, 2010
Charlene Choi is hot
½ October 21, 2010
Why can't I give a negative rating? Negative for Mr Lam's face alone, made worse by his non-acting.
October 15, 2010
A silly time-waster of a movie. It had some funny bits but really nothing original.
September 25, 2010
½ September 24, 2010
The story line is very predictable. Another "PC" movie, so they can export to China I guess... *sigh*