Jail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jail Reviews

½ May 27, 2010
Realistic acting by Neil Nitin Mukesh......And the film showed the real life in Jail.......
May 19, 2010
Very realistic acting by Neil Nithin Mukesh. He was amazing in New York, so I had high expectations from this one, which he absolutely lived up to. The young actor has a promising career in front of him. Mugdha Godse, who I had never heard of before, delivered a horrendous performance. Such dry acting that I couldn't feel her character's presence at all. The mother was even worse. Also, wish there were more than 2 good songs (pick the old Lata Mangeshkar and whatever song that is is 100% doomed for failure). Director Madhur Bhandarkar delivered a spectacular representation of a life in jail, presenting everything with realism and detail. However, why couldn't Mukesh just say "get me a lie detector and you'll know i'm innocent?" right from the beginning?
March 12, 2010
A very intense movie.
March 7, 2010
Day : Sunday
Date: 8 Nov 2009
Time: 8.15pm
With: Zehra Mami, Zehra Mamis Mom, Queenie Maasi, Shiraz Uncle
On : DVD

Bhandharkar has done it again. Awesome plot.
February 14, 2010
Good enough movie . director could have done some more to show the other kind of atrocities in jail .. nevertheless can see it once.
February 5, 2010
Madhur Bhandarkar is getting more real day by day... it was a bittersweet ride for me...lotz of goosebumps and touches'...brilliant...
½ January 9, 2010
speaks abt indian trials and jail culture. worth a watch
December 27, 2009
Surprisingly good !!! :)
½ December 27, 2009
bhandarkar's worst movie till now...typical story nthin gr8
½ December 20, 2009
Another great work by Madhur Bhandhar.. showing the life in Jail. Neil Nitin wasnt bad and great supporting by bajpai and arya babbar. Mudgdha was wasted (she was great in fashion). Overall, as expected, a great movie by the directir, as always!
½ December 13, 2009
Madhur Bhandarkar has done it again with very controversial topic. After a huge success of Fashion, he is bk with JAIL. Its a great movie but there are some slow points. Madhur was very wise to cast Neil Nitin Mukesh, he did a brilliant job and some of his expressions were convincing. Mugdha Godse is not just a pretty actress but she is going to make her spot in Bollywood. Manoj Bajpai is great and Arya Babbar i think this is his one of the movie that people will recognize him (not in a huge way but more than his debut movie) Overall, its a great movie.
½ December 13, 2009
A bit too depressing for my liking.
½ December 11, 2009
Important subject matter. Manoj and Neil exceptional.
½ December 8, 2009
Predictable storyline. First fashion, then jail, go Bhandarkar, we want to see hospital, circus, etc next.
½ December 5, 2009
Truthful to a Bandharkar movie, it aims at denouncing about an indian institution, here the jails, the prosecution, the justice machinery. Great movie, even with flows in actong and not original soundtrack.
½ December 5, 2009
awesome!!!..niel may be the future aamir khan!!
December 4, 2009
Actually a decent concept, average acting, but just horribly long.
½ November 29, 2009
Slightly disappointing...not as hard-hitting as all the other Bhandarkar films. The trademark of his films is that the hero is the setting while the characters are the backdrop. Jail was still a good film but didn't live up to my expectations set by his previous eye-opening movies.
½ November 21, 2009
Madhur Bhandarkar delivers again! I don't think it was better than Fashion but still preety damn good. I think Neil acted very good but Mugdha's acting was weak but she is still hot! Overall it was nicely made and deserves a 3.5/5! :)
November 18, 2009
It's got some very sensitive moments. The jail shoots are brilliant, but the parts that are outside the jail are not good enough. Even the background stories are unconvincing! Still a good movie!