Jake Speed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jake Speed Reviews

October 15, 2014
this movie is a lot of fun.. do not expect much, as it is a really basic 80s action movie.. but its pretty well acted, the action if fun and the soundtrack is by Mark Snow of X-files fame
½ October 20, 2013
Yet another film which has flashes of Indiana Jones, or maybe, more accurately, Romancing the Stone. Based on pulp comic mens adventure type books, this story follows an adventurer hired to save a woman's sister from white slavery. Much the same set-up as Eaten Alive or even Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death, but none of those movies are at all similar. The humor was for the most part lost on me as I didnt care for the actor delivery of the material (which he, apparently, wrote).
December 14, 2012
The family thinks grandpa has lost his marbles when he suggests enlisting paperback novel character Jake Speed to find a missing family member. Turns out Speed really does exist and saves the day. I would consider this adventure film to be a poor man's Romancing the Stone but also a rich man's Nate & Hayes.
September 25, 2012
One of the few 80s movies that have stuck with me through the years. I have the DVD and every now and then, I break it out and watch a 'good' B movie.
June 7, 2012
Just a few similarities to ROMANCING THE STONE. Action adventure with dimestore paperback hero emerging to help rescue a kidnapped American. Harmless entertainment and a concept with some potential but maybe a step down for an actor the calibre of John Hurt.
February 4, 2012
Such a classic action hero movie. The charcters are meant to be funny btw. You can't take this seriously. When you just go a long for the ride, this movie ends up being so much of a fun adventure, with great lines, awesome characters, a crazy plot, and an epic ending. The story plays off of all the super hero, action hero books. Jake Speed is such a likable character, even though he does it all for money and seems like a silly person, and his sidekick and him are great. Most entertaining movie ever! Movies aren't made like this anymore.
½ March 23, 2009
It may be a little cheesy, but I love it. Sid is th emost evil villian I have ever seen. Sid is not insane, just evil.
July 13, 2008
It wasn't as good as I remember it. I think the last time I saw it was more than... 15 years ago?
March 13, 2008
I viewed a review of this on The VHS show and let me just say that I'm not ramotley interested.
½ March 8, 2008
A film for a rainy day, a bit of 80's kitch! John Hurt plays it straight and BAD!
March 6, 2008
Let's just say that the film works. Not because it'll live up to your standards of realism, but that it creates its own ridiculous rules and stays faithful towards it.
½ February 25, 2008
Finally on DVD! Great film from the 80's where Wayne Crawford plays Jake Speed a (supposedly) paperback novel hero who travels to Africa to save a young girl from a slave ring. You are never sure if he is the real character or if he is pulling the wool over your eyes.
October 27, 2007
I probably the only person whose seen this movie. It's one of my favorite movies from the 80's.
September 13, 2007
Best film ever! Seen it about 20 times.
Go Kid go!
June 29, 2007
A new hero for a hew age. They hyped this movie up for us all to buy into, I saw it once and remember nothing but wanting an Indiana Jones rip off.
June 27, 2007
cor this film is old cos i remember this film
June 10, 2007
Just as good as Biggles, with some classic quotes!
June 9, 2007
Possibly the best B movie ever made.
June 2, 2007
Wow, I'd forgotten about this movie.
March 4, 2007
but i haven't seen it in 20 years, and i probably shouldn't as not to taint my memory.