Jason X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jason X Reviews

½ December 17, 2015
More Jason, this time in the future and outer space. Seriously?
½ November 14, 2015
Jason in space. That is an idea that when properly executed could've resulted in a brilliantly shlocky and hilariously entertaining film, but instead Jason X opts to just suck. Most of the characters all share one personality, by which I mean they have none beyond throwing out sarcastic one-liners, and ninety-five perfent of the jokes fall flat, leaving the only kinda funny parts to be the sometimes pretty entertaining kills. But even with a few kinda cool kills, the film never really utilizes the possibilities of putting Jason in the future on a spaceship, and instead just does a typical Friday the 13th slasher. The setting has no significant impact on the action, so basically the same movie could've been done as a classic Friday the 13th film by just replacing words like "space" in the script with "Camp Crystal Lake". Honestly the idea of Jason in space would've been much more suited for a splatter film than a slasher film. When the movie came out I was like ten years old and was too young to see it, so when I saw the trailer I just imagined the movie in my head, and I still find the one ten-year-old me came up with better than the actual one. They should've just gone all out and given Jason like a laser machete and had him have a lightsaber duel or something and give all the characters blasters and shit... You know, just go all out on the stupid sci-fi shit like something like Moonraker did (although granted that's not a good movie either). In the end the only thing Jason X truly got right is Uber Jason which is one of the coolest things ever in the history of anything ever.

5-/10
November 14, 2015
Insanely stupid but there's too much to enjoy
½ November 6, 2015
The great thing about the friday the 13th series is that you almost cant parody them, anything you could joke about them doing next in this seemingly endless series of slashers has actually been done, Jason has been in 3d, had a battle with a telekinetic heroine who lobs tvs and stuff at him with the power of her mind, he's been to new york, gone to Hell, he's even had a duke out with one Freddy Kruger, ah you say but has he been in space? even the makers of this series wouldn't go that outrageous, well yes they did actually, and it's hilarious. What i love about these movies is that they can truly lay claim to being the most shamelessly ridiculous horror movie franchise ever, it's great fun to see them constantly "go there", and in this one you get such ludicrous pleasures as Jason running round a spaceship raking up body count, fighting a Terminator/The Matrix style leather clad, heavily armed android girl, getting cryogenically frozen and unfrozen in the 24th century and getting turned into a super mechanized version of himself (with a shiny new metallic hockey mask) by nanobot's. It aint high art, but it's loads of junky, knowingly stupid fun.
September 24, 2015
I'm giving this star for the funny 'Crystal Lake' scene involving two topless camp counselors, sleeping bags, and a single tree. The rest is the expected over-done turkey one comes to admire with an appalled fascination at this stage in movie- making history. There I said it.
September 18, 2015
Despite it having 1 awesome kill, it's the writing, story, and special effects that make this awful film the worst in the franchise! D-
September 14, 2015
The best Friday the 13th movie. Absolutely hilarious.
September 8, 2015
Jason X is Jason in space it plays out like Friday The 13th meets Alien meets Red Dwarf and it looks good like it had a budget the liquid nitrogen kill is a highlight, but it's not a great film by any stretch and seems like a desperate attempt to get another Jason pay day.
August 22, 2015
Jason X is not very good but it's quite entertaining. This is a pretty fun movie, but it has a lot of issues. Even with the colorful setting, it all feels a bit more generic. I know lots of the Friday the 13th movies follow a pretty basic slasher formula, but the good ones always have something inventive to keep it interesting. In this the characters are a bit bland, and the plot is uninspired feeling copy-pasted from any of a slew of scifi movies like this one, but overall it's still an enjoyable film. It's cheesy and gory and that's all it really tries to be. 44/100
½ July 16, 2015
OMG this was a horrible movie, doesn't even deserve half a star. wtf!
July 3, 2015
I actually paid to see this in the theater and I loved every minute. This is a completely underrated camp classic that doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's not really a horror movie and it's not really scary, but boy is it entertaining.
July 2, 2015
Poor Jason. So lost in the space.
June 24, 2015
Bad movie. Don't watch it.
½ June 21, 2015
They could've at least, tried to make a good thing but this is so frickin horrible, even worst than part 9.
June 21, 2015
I've liked all of the Friday 13th films and this is not exception. What Jason X is more Jason and this time Jason is in space in a space station in the XXV century. For me the Jason movies are really fun to watch so I give Jason X 5 stars.
½ May 13, 2015
50% on my Tomatometer.
½ May 6, 2015
To spaaaaace! Says the execs. Jason now proves himself to be an immortal being. Something between human and deity. That's the best explanation I can give to the film's contrivances.
May 2, 2015
to me its one of the best out of the series, it doesn't have things that the other ones in the series had that i didn't like and its not full with nothing but sex!. maybe im just a sucker for movies that isn't perfect? who knows
April 4, 2015
This a bad film, a truly bad film. But, it knows how bad it is and works it to its advantage making it a truly enjoyable film.