Jaws - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws Reviews

April 10, 2017
The genuine classic from the film industry groundbreaker and thrills gatherer Spielberg may be frightening on the big screen, but not too much on the small screen with a scene to make you jump. Solid script nicely delivered and cleverly filmed while still thrilling - probably more upon revisiting it - that proved effective by the fine techniques, but it's gruesomely violent. (B+)

(Full review TBD)
½ April 5, 2017
Still a favorite of mine.
½ April 4, 2017
Many if not all shark movies are garbage. But Jaws is the movie which does the shark formula right. After a girl gets dragged under water, pieces of her wash up and people start investigating what happened only to find out that a man eating shark is in the water. This movie has so many memorable scenes and every time someone goes to a beach, people always do the music to annoy you. Jaws is a truly brilliant film which is often called one of the greatest American films ever made. AFI put it at number 56 in their list of the 100 greatest movies. This is a truly brilliant film and it's considered the first true summer blockbuster. Many of its scenes are highly iconic and some scenes left a permanent mark in movie history as we know it. The 3 characters who went to kill the shark all had terrific performances. This is one of those films that about every kid knows about. This movie is so quotable and I could recite many famous quotes from the movie. Even though the shark looks artificial and fake nowadays, there's no denying that the film had an enormous impact on cinema. This movie made everyone fear the water and it will likely be watched for many generations.
April 3, 2017
Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies. Fairwell and adieu to you ladies from Spain. For we've received orders for a sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again...
½ March 26, 2017
"Jaws" is a classic story of man vs. beast, nearly perfect in every way.
March 25, 2017
everything of this movie is scary but perfectly made including the music, this is one of the greatest horror movies and movies as a whole aside of movies like halloween and psycho
March 25, 2017
The legendary summer blockbuster with perfect direction by Steven Spielberg is the true reminder of how a decent blockbuster should be done.
March 24, 2017
This is about as perfect a suspense movie as you can get. This is probably in my top 10 favorite movies.
March 21, 2017
IMHO: After several watchings and much analysis, this is a pretty perfectly engrossing thriller. Script, direction, acting, cinematography, set design, effects, all amazingly brilliant and state-of-the-art for '75. Sound, editing and music won Oscars. Each major scene is fascinating to a different emotion. Shaw's laid-back performance should be used in acting classes- slick and very effective.
March 20, 2017
The original and still the best summer blockbuster. It has everything all the others lack; plot, suspense, character investigation and great acting. Spielberg's best action flick to this date
½ March 19, 2017
If you haven't watched this movie than I don't know why you are alive.
March 13, 2017
This movie is outstanding. The Acting is A perfect and the scenes are executed great. Spielberg's vision of the story is very amazing and the terror is worked out geniusly. I strongly recommend this classic.
March 12, 2017
Excellent. Some aspects haven't aged as well, but otherwise excellent.
March 8, 2017
With Excellent Acting, Spectacular Directing, And Memorable Music, "Jaws" becomes the first blockbuster and greatest film in cinema history with Steven Spielberg at his finest. Intense and perfectly constructed, no film can surpass the effect it had. Re-watchable every time and it only gets better and better. Verdict: Masterpiece.
March 6, 2017
one of my favorite if not favorite steven spielberg.
½ March 5, 2017
Jaws failed to grasp my attention, I was sort of bored.
½ February 23, 2017
Don't know how it got a PG rating, ??. Makes you not want to get into the water, whatcha I think was goal!
February 17, 2017
a classic, simple and fun to watch.
February 16, 2017
This movie scared the crap out of me
February 11, 2017
Nothing short of remarkable, Jaws is just as compelling today as it was when it was first introduced to the world in 1975. Masterfully paced and well acted under the guidance of Steven Spielberg, Jaws is quite simply a perfect motion picture.