Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Reviews

• Sep 21, 2020

It was an amazing movie for all View Askew fans. Quite touching and emotional. It was a movie full of fanservice in the best possible way. So if you are a fan of the old movies, you'll just love this one.

• Sep 21, 2020

What in the actual hell. This sequel sucks balls because Kevin Smith actually sicks balls now. Remember when he could make a good movie. But this I s what happens when Jason Mews is actually really behind the cam. This not just a sequel its all his movies smashed into each other. What a sell out it's a good thing he didnt release this movie in a traditional sense cuz it would have tanked super bad. I used to like Kevin Smith. But fuck him fuck him up his stupid ass

• Sep 17, 2020

Long time Kevin Smith fan and fan of the Jay and silent bob movies. This one did nothing for me. I laughed maybe once. Felt bored the whole time. Talked to my friend who is a Kevin Smith super super fan, he said he also thought it was bad and did not laugh. I Watched Clerks 2 after to see if it was just one of those days when nothing is funny and no, laughed at clerks but nothing for this movie. Pro's: All the people from past movies and many lines for fans Con's: All the lines for fans are a drop out from the movie woodenly repeat a fanservice line then go back. The timing seemed off so no laughs. Seems like most fans liked it maybe it's cause I got to old for this, but I laughed at clerks so probably not

• Sep 12, 2020

I don't even care about the storyline at this point. Nostalgia is so on point!

I don't even care about the storyline at this point. Nostalgia is so on point!

• Sep 08, 2020

Closer to what some say 66%, his fans gave it a 98%. Ass kissing fools. It's really bad and hard to watch. How could his super fans really honestly say it was great/funny. I laughed a few times. That is about it for this coaster drink blu-ghey. Kevin get off the drugs and really write something for the next film. I'm turning the same age as you. What a waste of time, film and your budget.

• Aug 31, 2020

Similar jokes and gags are too be expected when watching this film. Where it differs from its predecessor is the movies choice to involve the lost father plot that I thinks hits with the characters its shown through. Overall another Kevin Smith movie that will please the fans with more comic book and actor cameos that don't disappoint.

• Aug 31, 2020

Great fantastic heart warming movie starring Jason mewes and Kevin Smith. The sequel is finally hear and I've waited exactly 2 and a half years, that's the first time I ever saw Jay and silent Bob while studying for a chemistry test. And I'm glad that I watched this magical world and finally see one of Kevin smiths movies in theaters. I really wanted to go to the reboot road show but Kevin and Jason are coming to where I live on a week day so I was like let's just watch it at regal instead. And man the crowd that saw it with me went absolute bananas, they're the true fans and I'm just glad to be with them. And yes this movie has a lot of bad stuff but who cares, all I care about it seeing some Jay and silent Bob again on the big screen and that's what I got. I also got some hilarious jokes and some heart warming moments that I wasn't expecting. But in the end I would gladly hang up a Jay and silent Bob poster in my room and watch this movie again in the future.

• Aug 29, 2020

I liked it a lot but I understand that it is primarily fan service. I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen at least of the movies referenced in it. I was impressed with Harley Quinn Smith. Her acting was better than I anticipated.

• Aug 23, 2020

Hilarious, heart-warming, vulgar and star-studded. Almost as good as the original if you don't mind recycled jokes and non stop Kevin Smith references. Snootchie-bootchiez!

• Aug 21, 2020

If Clerks II was the ending to Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is the perfect epilogue. Much like how Clerks II aged and matured Dante and Randal, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot does that same thing for Jay and Bob. 1994's Clerks saw the first appearance of the hetero life mates, where they were nothing more then those two stoner kids who sold weed and danced outside the Quick Stop. Of course through the years and movies they've been in they've always been the one constant staying the same in every film with not really any character development but being those two comic relief characters who helped our main characters throughout the plot. In this movie we see the View Askewniverse 15 or so years since we last saw it, everyone has matured past the misadventures they had in the 90's/00's, everyone remains the same person of course but older and wiser I suppose. Brodie moved his store to the mall and has a daughter, Holden had a kid and is co-parenting with Alyssa, hell even Loki from Dogma has had stuff happen since 1999 and has finally come to peace with everything. Everyone has changed, gotten older except Jay and Silent Bob they're still those two kids selling weed outside the Quick Stop except now in their late 40's. What I love about this movie is that we get to see Jay and Bob's journey to adulthood, with the movie starting out like just another Jay and Silent Bob adventure with us following their antics to get to Hollywood again until Jay gets hit with the sack of bricks that is the news and he has a daughter he was never there for. This forces Jay to throughout the movie be a father to his daughter Milly, and it's beautiful man. By the end of the movie Jay and Milly are united at last and having some father daughter time, and everything in the Askewniverse is at peace and is exactly how you'd expect it to be after all the time we've been gone.