Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie Reviews

August 28, 2016
Would have rather of watched Jay Mewes just record himself saying all the lines. The animation gave me a headache.
½ August 18, 2016
Only half snickered once, but that was because it was referencing something else which is funny. There's a reason Mewes doesn't write.
August 7, 2016
Cyanide & Happiness animation looks better than this
½ March 29, 2016
Easily the worst film out of the View Askew endeavors. I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith's work, but when he misses the target, he pisses on his face.
The adaptation of the comic book is vague, the script is what you's expect from a 15-year-old burnout, and the animation is godawful, even for amateur YouTuber standards. The fan-made Clerks/Marvel Heroes mash-up was better animated than this piece of shit.
March 12, 2016
This movie never made me laugh. The animation is horrible and the jokes and cutaways drag on and really suck. I wanted to see just a fun stoner comedy but got a piece of garbage and they humor tries so hard to be funny and it is not.
½ February 17, 2016
I wish I could like this movie more, but I can't. The original script was for a comic and it feels like it, but not even in a good way. Super Groovy Cartoon Movie feels like a wandering crazed homeless, sure occasionally it says or does something funny but then it goes back to rambling about nothing and peeing on things and the fun's over. And the fact that I can't stay interested in a Kevin Smith ramble bothers me.

The art style is meh at best and the animation feels like early flash and in their transition to animation Jay's less than subtly and Silent Bob's facial expressions and mannerisms just don't follow.

My first time trying to watch it I had to leave and I forgot I had even started so months later when it showed up on my Netflix que and started halfway through I was surprised.

Like I said, I wish I could like it more but at best it's only an ok movie, at worst it's a waste of an hour or so.
January 8, 2016
An amusing cartoon but a little slow in some parts. Loved when Kevin Smith butted in for comments on the plot!
December 30, 2015
Really raunchy humor, as previously shown in the theatrical release "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back". This takes place within the Bluntman and Chronic comic book universe, as created by Kevin Smith's characters Holden McNeil and Banky Edwards. The animation is very low-budget and has very little refinement, but that was clearly what the team was going for. If you are a fan of the characters Bluntman and Chronic, this is a fun piece of animation to watch and enjoy. Lots of View Askew-niverse references and even more spoofs of famous comic book movie moments. Well worth the hour and 3 minutes of hilarity if you're a fan of the characters.
December 14, 2015
Another instalment to the view askiewniverse, this cartoon take on jay and silent bob is crazy, vulgar and full of pot jokes. Die hard fans would appreciate this the most.
October 26, 2015
Love this movie so much i just can't stop watching it!!!!!!!!!!
½ August 26, 2015
It's okay, that's pretty much all I can say. I think I might've been hoping for something more in the vein of some previous Kevin Smith animations that illustrated the riffs from his SModcast episodes, but this goes more into a linear plot and I just really didn't find it all that amusing or engaging.

It's a rental at best.
August 20, 2015
What a disappointment!! This was just horribly unfunny.
August 19, 2015
It was a lot more fun when the guys were accompanying it around the country and doing Q&A. If you come to it with very low expectations you'll be fine.
½ June 3, 2015
A lot of recycled jokes from previous movies and cartoons. Not bad, but for fans only.
Watched on Netflix at home, June 3, 2015.
February 6, 2015
Stoned out of his mind, Kevin Smith spins-off his View Askewniverse with the vulgar and humorless animated feature Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie. Loosely based on a previous comic series written by Smith, the plot follows Jay and Silent Bob as they become the crime-fighter duo Bluntman and Chronic and take on a series of super-villains. The animation is terrible, with goofy looking character designs that are poorly integrated into the backgrounds. And, the sex comedy is out-of-control; with sex joke after sex joke after sex joke ad nauseam. An infantile and offensive piece of garbage, Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie is a sad testament to how far Smith has fallen.
½ January 1, 2015
Packed with meta references and comic book allusions, it will be good to a few mega fans of Smith's work but it's ultimately just not that great.
December 28, 2014
Does seem to be a little shorter than it should be, take a little too long introducing the villains. Plus there are too many villains. It is funny, more of a smirk funny than laugh out loud type. Enjoyable since it is fairy short.
½ December 13, 2014
An all right film. Definitely not one of Kevin smiths best films by far. The storyline could've had a bit more work into it and some of the voice artist could have been better(Tara Strong as Cocknocker). However if you are a fan of the TV show clerks then you might like this
December 8, 2014
Decent cartoon animation, a great plot idea if you compare jay and silent bobs character development.that being said this films lines and voice acting was poorly executed. If one were to strip mall rats just to jay and silent bob scenes, that alone would of trumpeted this entire movie. Jay doesn't seen in character line wise in comparison to film series. There are words like 'fuck' that actually seemed forced and with films like j&sb strike back that's seems impossible, but it worked there and not here. Only redeeming grace is this film actually satirically pokes fun at Kevin smiths career decline, going into monologue about not having mark hamill etc. starting strong and finishing weak. Overall this was depressing like Louis C.K's tv show. Who really wants to watch their favorite director throw in the towel? Waste of 42 minutes.
½ November 25, 2014
Never really rises above early 2000's internet cartoon short. It's charming, in a way, as a smodcast listener and especially knowing how much Mewes wanted this project to come together, but it's tacky and unfunny.