Jeans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jeans Reviews

April 21, 2012
Quite silly...I like the hologram scene. The film is a little corny.
½ March 30, 2010
What a piece of cr*p. Made no sense what so ever. I am off of TOLLYWOOD forever.
November 9, 2009
My fav movie Ever............
½ August 25, 2009
love the songs in here .. other than that it was the story was silly
August 14, 2009
April 4, 2009
an entertaining comedy/family drama!gr8 music(both songs n background score) by Rahman.Having seen better performances from Aishwarya I felt she was a bit raw in this[but her smile n dance were as classy as ever :) ] of the rare tamil movie i have seen twice!
September 20, 2008
My all time favourite! Watched it so many times that i've lost count! Love everything about it especially the songs!
August 18, 2008
There are 2 versions in Tamil and Hindi.
I saw the Tamil version - very entertaining and great songs!
½ August 12, 2008
Awful. That's how I would sum up this movie. A bad story stretched out over three hours with a generous dosage of songs and eye-candy (provided by Aishwarya Rai) is what Jeans is all about. The story revolves around a pair of twins (played by Prasanth), one of whom falls in love with Aish. When they decide to get married, the twins' father (Nasser) opposes the marriage and insists that the wedding of his sons can only take place to twin girls. The reason for this insistence on his part stems from a personal tragic incident that happened earlier on, but which comes across to the audience as somewhat far-fetched. Aish's character has a quick-witted grandmother who devises a plan to get the marriage done with. How she goes about it and the ensuing events form the plot of the movie.

Prasanth's acting comes across as somewhat credible while Aishwarya seems affected and unnatural. Most of the dubbing is totally out of sync and this renders some artificiality to the movie. But what is completely ridiculous about the movie is the conglomeration of far-fetched concepts - the father's reason behind his opposition to the wedding, the continual (!!) switching of roles by Aishwarya and, at one point by Nassar, who also has a twin - all these totally defy logic.

And the crowning glory comes at the end where a dinosaur springs out of nowhere and presents the newly wedded couple (yes, Prasanth and Aish do marry in the end!) with a bouquet. Goodness...

So the bottomline is that this movie is watchable if you are willing to suspend all your rational thinking and common sense for three hours. But I can assure you that you will be far from impressed.:rotten:
½ August 7, 2008
I thought this movie was awesome when I saw it as a kid, so I'll assume it actually was.
June 5, 2008
Quite silly...I like the hologram scene. The film is a little corny.
½ April 22, 2008
really funny. aish was awesome in the dual role. totally random ... good fun!
½ March 29, 2008
Sweet movie. The songs were pretty good.
½ March 14, 2008
An interesting movie. Aishwarya Rai is great in this as she plays dual roles--twins. Although it isn't true but it's great watching her play (not only herself), but her twin as well. A hilarious story plot.