Jeff Who Lives at Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jeff Who Lives at Home Reviews

½ November 16, 2016
One of the most memorable film I've ever seen.
September 21, 2016
This heartwarming tale takes advantage of Jason Segel's versatility and Ed Helm's best performance is years.
The soundtrack helps a lot and really connects with the whole story.
The only bad thing noticeable in Jeff Who Lives at Home is the cinematography. It looked like as if a 8 years old kid was playing with the camera.
September 5, 2016
A sweet movie about the power of coincidence and the bonds of family and friends.
½ August 4, 2016
Funny and with good acting and some drama. It's a great film about two brothers. One is a socially awkward shut in and the other is a screw up in a terrible relationship where he might be being cheated on. It brings the two brothers that don't care about each other come together and come closer. I thought this was a great film and I loved the duality between the two brothers and their bond growing. It's on Netflix and I say if you have Netflix check it out.
½ May 15, 2016
It starts off strange and interesting and im curious to learn more about this jeff guy but for a short film i felt the story about his mother was boring and the story about his brother was not much better the ending is all sappy might make you cry.
May 2, 2016
The soundtrack helps a lot and really connects with the whole story.
The only bad thing I could see in Jeff Who Lives at Home is the cinematography. It looked like as if a 8 years old boy was playing with the camera.
½ May 1, 2016
unexplicably so much me and not me altogether! love it! quite weird!
½ April 19, 2016
must watch....great life movie
February 7, 2016
Don't miss this one.
½ January 29, 2016
A classic fact that anything meaningful, needs to be a slow moving affair.. While acting needed to be a bit sharper, but it was the slow script that killed a lot for this one..
January 27, 2016
Not my favorite indie. Not a complete waste of time, though.
December 21, 2015
The deep central theme of connective but seemingly random events and the search for a sense of destiny or the universe shaping the course of one's life are interesting and potent ideas that unfortunately don't take flight during the course of film. However I suspect that this is deliberate and the film simply meanders along gently throwing out the odd laugh or poignant moment. There's nothing really to not like here but you can't help feeling like Jeff as you're watching it waiting for that feeling of cosmic wonderment or grand realisation that upon arrival feels decidedly underwhelming.
½ November 11, 2015
A bit uneven - but when it's good it's REALLY good. Truly charming and peculiar.
November 6, 2015
Whatever and whoever are the real stars of Jeff, Who Lives at Home. The film champions the idea that there's order to randomness, but it's up to the individual to make the first connection and see fate through to conclusion. The film is expertly assembled and a pleasure to watch. It's easy on the eyes and mind, but that doesn't make it a thematic lightweight. On the contrary, this is a deep and involved movie, but it's deep and involved like few others, the picture easily intermixing casual cinema with dramatic heft. Jason Segel's performance is exceptional, and the supporting cast understands the movie's superficial qualities and nuance alike. It may be said that all of Jeff, Who Lives at Home's randomness is leading towards a perfect movie.
October 26, 2015
Starts off weak and boring and though the ending attempts to pick up a little, it's too little, too late.

I found it more tedious than funny.
October 15, 2015
A Crisis Puts These Characters Lives In Perspective.. & So It Tis On Par With Other Interconnected-Stories Genre Flicks, As They All Attempt To Pull Together...But This Is A VERY Bland Variation. You Might Say It Has Heart, But No (Soul) Style Or Substance. Kinda Feels Half Empty.
September 18, 2015
Cute and anti-cynical (:
@lital zommer
September 2, 2015
Sweet, funny, and crass, the duplass brothers absolutely deliver.