Jeff Who Lives at Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jeff Who Lives at Home Reviews

½ June 12, 2017
The shaky camera was so distracting it took me out of the picture. The story was meandering and not interesting.
½ June 1, 2017
There is 1hr23 minutes i wont ever get back. I have seen this story many times before. There is a reason blah blah i am supposed to do this blah blah. Very bland and un authentic story. Was bored through and through. We all knew what was going to happen as soon as he hit the ridge then the helicopter comes. Bad accident he is going to become a hero of a guy named kevin. So predictable in so many ways. Justbad overall
May 20, 2017
Not that it's bad, but it's only really that funny in the beginning, I guess I'd say during the first act. The rest is really good drama though. Everything connects! Really great!
April 14, 2017
When we see we just needed to escape out of the ordinary to see what we wanted all along. When we thought we would be extra ordinary to reveal later in life we do somethings that not many ordinary people would do in these situations when we see we pull others out of their troubles to see we have incredible strengths that don't last that long but thank God we have some people to have our backs and pull us out. When what makes one thing look like trash is finding it's missing pieces to put together and fix to make back ordinary again.
April 11, 2017
This film works, is funny, is quirky, is believable, and has some uncomfortable moments. It is the story of three mysteries to solve: 1- who is Kevin and why being obsessed. 2- is the wife about to ask for divorce. 3- who is the secret admirer. A cozy feeling transpire even in the worst moments of the film. Definitely intriguing, with gay moments that make me wonder about the ulterior motives of the film. French film feeling also.
½ November 16, 2016
One of the most memorable film I've ever seen.
September 21, 2016
This heartwarming tale takes advantage of Jason Segel's versatility and Ed Helm's best performance is years.
The soundtrack helps a lot and really connects with the whole story.
The only bad thing noticeable in Jeff Who Lives at Home is the cinematography. It looked like as if a 8 years old kid was playing with the camera.
September 5, 2016
A sweet movie about the power of coincidence and the bonds of family and friends.
½ August 4, 2016
Funny and with good acting and some drama. It's a great film about two brothers. One is a socially awkward shut in and the other is a screw up in a terrible relationship where he might be being cheated on. It brings the two brothers that don't care about each other come together and come closer. I thought this was a great film and I loved the duality between the two brothers and their bond growing. It's on Netflix and I say if you have Netflix check it out.
½ May 15, 2016
It starts off strange and interesting and im curious to learn more about this jeff guy but for a short film i felt the story about his mother was boring and the story about his brother was not much better the ending is all sappy might make you cry.
May 2, 2016
The soundtrack helps a lot and really connects with the whole story.
The only bad thing I could see in Jeff Who Lives at Home is the cinematography. It looked like as if a 8 years old boy was playing with the camera.
½ May 1, 2016
unexplicably so much me and not me altogether! love it! quite weird!
½ April 19, 2016
must watch....great life movie
February 7, 2016
Don't miss this one.
½ January 29, 2016
A classic fact that anything meaningful, needs to be a slow moving affair.. While acting needed to be a bit sharper, but it was the slow script that killed a lot for this one..
January 27, 2016
Not my favorite indie. Not a complete waste of time, though.
December 21, 2015
The deep central theme of connective but seemingly random events and the search for a sense of destiny or the universe shaping the course of one's life are interesting and potent ideas that unfortunately don't take flight during the course of film. However I suspect that this is deliberate and the film simply meanders along gently throwing out the odd laugh or poignant moment. There's nothing really to not like here but you can't help feeling like Jeff as you're watching it waiting for that feeling of cosmic wonderment or grand realisation that upon arrival feels decidedly underwhelming.
½ November 11, 2015
A bit uneven - but when it's good it's REALLY good. Truly charming and peculiar.