I am Yours Reviews

• Dec 29, 2014

We follow a young Pakistani woman living in Oslo. She's a single mother and is searching for love. Not the biggest of plots but it works pretty good. The structure is not all that and it just passes by. It's predictable in a way, but some twist do take place. It fails to make me very engaged in Mina's life, despite the character building that's quite nice. It never really grip me, but it develop nicely and I especially enjoy the last third of it. A decent debut, but it's rearly above average on most levels. Sometimes it's rather good, but other times it almost looses my attention. 5.5 out of 10 akward moments delt with by dancing.

• Feb 23, 2014

The battle between the longing for the security and comfort we hope to find in relationships (with the risks and effort that go along with it) and the pull toward the security and comfort of aloneness (with the loneliness and fear that can accompany it).

• Jan 21, 2014

A sad and lonely tale of a divorced young Norwegian mother seeking a partner. Amina, played by Amrita Acharia, magically falls for a Swedish screenwriter but her young son complicates the relationship. Somewhat mundane but highly evocative.