Jekyll & Hyde - The Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jekyll & Hyde - The Musical Reviews

½ March 14, 2017
This is an excellent recording of the musical, it's about hypocrisy, though the musical deviated quite a lot from the book. The musical numbers were impressive but the plot was quite weak. Hasselhoff could sing, I was mildly surprised.
½ August 21, 2012
Aside from Hasselhoff's annoying vibrato, this is rather good. Coleen sexton is a stand out in this one.
½ February 19, 2011
Amazing show with even better songs. Great picture and sound. Hasselhoff is better than I expected him to be.
½ November 17, 2010
mediocre musical..songs aren't very special and the characters are lacking personality. yet great scenery and hasselhoff wasn't as bad as expected.
July 30, 2010
Oh, boy. David Hasselhoff is not a good actor and not a good singer and does not belong in this show at all. I giggled all the way through "Confrontation." It was that bad. I like the musical itself. It's got some wonderful, wonderful songs in it, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a fan of Leslie Bricusse's lyrics. The rest of the cast is pretty good, aside from the fact that they couldn't keep their British accents intact. Hasselhoff was the worst, though. He was clearly put in the show just for star draw, and he ended up being very hammy... and unfortunately, he has the bulk of the show. Any part he was in was pretty much ruined.
½ October 23, 2009
Fabulous!!!!
Great story, great music.
movie of the Broadway musical play.
and an instant CLASSIC.
I have never ever liked David Hasselhoff but in this he is GOOD.
Playing Hyde and Jekell is very hard especially at the end when he is both at once and trying to fight it during the song Lost in the Darkness And Confrontation.
The girl who plays Lucy is FANTASTIC.
I do however wish they included "bring on the men" insted of "good n evil". i love both songs but bring on the men is better.
July 5, 2009
Great show, great music, great cast. It would've gotten a five if the dispicably untalented Hasselhoff wasn't in the title role.
½ May 19, 2009
Coleen Sexton was good. David Hasselhoff ruined it for me. He lacks tempo or rhythm. He didn't feel the music. The musical itself is fantastic. I would like to see it done better. I liked the set and most of the lighting queues except for nearing the end, but I blame Hasselhoff for sucking so much. The camera work was also fantastic. I felt like I was right on stage with them.
½ May 12, 2009
In this suffocating marriage of film and theatre David Hasselhof takes home the award for the worst performance ever. It was so painfully obvious that he was acting and was in the ballpark of the right note maybe twice in the whole film. I missed Anthony Warlow...
½ March 17, 2009
It was okay, but it could have been better. David Hasselhoff could have done a better job with the songs, I didn't care much for the girl who played Emma at all. And this version features "good n evil" which is a good song, but "Bring on the men" is better suited in my opinion. I loved lucy though. She did an amazing job. I would definently see it again.
March 13, 2009
OK musical. With a better script and score it could be a "Les Mis" or "Phantom of the Opera." The pacing is really off (especially in act 2) and all the characters have really shallow motivations for all their actions. But the set and costumes are wonderful.
February 17, 2009
InterestedInterested
February 15, 2009
ANAZING!!! SAW IN THEATER!! HE WAS FABULOUS!!!!
½ February 8, 2009
January 4, 2009
It was good overall with the exception of Hasselhoff's "This is the Moment", which I could not bear watching.
December 7, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
October 30, 2008
this is the 2nd best musical.

second best music ever
October 21, 2008
What saddens me so deeply is that this is the only DVD of the musical. Almost every other person who played the lead was better than the one here. Such a shame! Where was Robert Cuccioli during this?
½ July 10, 2008
very well done, hasselhoff stepped out of his "usual" roles to a new level of his talent being exposed... great stuff!
June 27, 2008
Not fantastic but not horrible. When I bought this I was expecting it to sound more like the cd recording. What is largely missing here is a strong script, pacing, and Linda Eder. Where is she?