Jekyll & Hyde - The Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jekyll & Hyde - The Musical Reviews

June 12, 2008
Nice. Gorgeous set and costumes, nice tech, good performances from the cast on the whole (by the way, surprise! Hasselhoff wasn't horrible) and a solid orchestra, despite some iffy musical direction at times... not perfect, but honestly, the only thing I won't forgive about this production is the production of the video. The quality of the film direction is fittingly polar (get it? It's Jekyll and Hyde!), but with a dozen cameras covering this thing, they should have done a lot better coming up with good angles, especially in large scenes. Still, the show is excellent and I would watch this video again.
June 2, 2008
David Hasselhoff butchering one of my favorite musicals, but yet I have watched it about 10 times. Why, you may ask? Because Hasselhoff transforms this drama into one of the best comedies of the century.
May 17, 2008
I think this was a great Musical and David Hasselhoff played a great Jekyll and Hyde. I was impressed with "Alive" and "Confrontation" he played a great role.
April 10, 2008
Amazing music. David Hasselhoff could have done better though. He definitely sings better than the average person, but he seemed a little weak compared to the others. That doesnt mean his singing wasnt enjoyable though. He has great potential, he just could have used some more training. And I dont really have complaints to the fact that he is David Hasselhoff. He did a great job and it was easy to forget who he really is and just see Jekyll or Hyde. And the two leading ladies were simply amazing.
April 1, 2008
One of my favourite musicals, just about butchered by Hasselhoff. The rest of the cast was amazing, however. I can definitely overlook Hasselhoff's lack-lustre performance since everyone else was so awesome. Definitely one of my favourite versions of "Sympathy, Tenderness", "Someone Like You", "Good 'N' Evil", and my favourite, "In His Eyes."
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 19, 2008
I adore this musical. This is one of my favorite things to see on stage as long as it is done well. Some of the original choreography isn't that great (ex. Murder, Murder) and David Hasselhoff's vibrato sounds like a kid with shaken baby syndrome. Coleen Sexton is amazing, and Andrea Rivette isn't as good as the original woman to play lucy but, she does a good job. If it wasn't for some of the cheesy choreography and the baywatch 'stud' this would be perfect.
March 10, 2008
i thought the hoff was going to try to have sex with the stage... enough said.
½ March 8, 2008
haha, i love the musical, but not hasselhoff
½ March 8, 2008
this here movie is intense
February 23, 2008
david hasselhoff did a really good job. good play
February 19, 2008
This was really good!!! I never knew that the baywatch guy could sing!!! The songs were awesome and the actors were amazing!!!! Great show worth seeing!!!
February 4, 2008
Despite the Hasselhoff taking the starring role, his singing wasn't HORRIBLE, but it did fall slightly short, the main role of Hyde is powerful and strong, Hasselhoff wasn't ready ... but depsite that, THIS IS AN AMAZING MUSICAL! I wish I could of seen it live! The cast in this filmed version of the stage play is incredible, one of the best ensembles, seriously!!!
½ February 2, 2008
i really liked it,the singing is really great
January 6, 2008
great story and I think Hasselhoff does a swell job playing Jekyll/Hyde. It's not an easy part, but I think he made it! I don't have to mention that the songs are great, do I? =)
½ January 4, 2008
Not only is this musical terrible, but then you get it acted by none other than the master thespian himself. Yikes.
December 7, 2007
Say what you want about David Hasselhoff, but I love this show. His singing isn't the best, but his acting is so well done (which I think is more important). He was so good in the scene in which he goes back and forth between characters. My favorite character, though, is Lucy. The actress, Colleen Sexton, has such an amazing voice!
½ December 2, 2007
Great music, boring staging. :p Could be better, but i still love it.
November 14, 2007
Bueno David no esta tan mal como pensé pero amo a Lucyyyyyyy
November 9, 2007
for it being David Hasselhoff... I was impressed!!! He's actually quite good for spending so much time in the sun