Jem and the Holograms Reviews

• Aug 24, 2019

Even if you've never seen an episode of the show, you can understand why fans made the movie bomb on purpose. There's some good music and the lead actress does a decent performance but the drama is bland and generic, the rest of the performances come off as stilted (including Molly Ringwald) and the production values...from movie clips alone, they have to be seen to be believed. Even little girls deserve better than this.

• May 04, 2019

I don't usually say this about any film, but this is a soulless, corporate sellout if I've ever seen one.

• Mar 26, 2019

Upbeat, polished, bland, and overproduced: An apt surrogate for modern pop.

Upbeat, polished, bland, and overproduced: An apt surrogate for modern pop.

• Jan 17, 2019

I loved this movie! I thought the story was great, music was great, acting was fun. I loved the emotion, singing, hair, costumes, relationships among the sisters, and the story with the Dad and robot. This was a feel good movie with heart, and the good guy and gals won. I had never seen the animated stuff. My first exposure to Jem and the Holograms was this movie. I loved it!!!!!

• Jan 14, 2019

This movie is loose and just like it doesn't stick to the original (like the fans actually wanted) it also doesn't stick as a good movie and here's the thing, who in their right mind doesn't love Molly Ringwald, but I don't know if she was in her right mind when she accepted this role

• Dec 16, 2018

Terrible movie! I wasted time and money on this flop. I did not enjoy any of it. A terrible plot that was miles away form the Source Material, bland acting, sub-par story overall, bored out of my mind

• Nov 12, 2018

This is a trash movie and a horrendous addaptation.

This is a trash movie and a horrendous addaptation.

• Aug 23, 2018

I have never seen the show but even i can see what a cash grabbing sellout this movie truly is. The only good thing about this movie are the songs, and even they are not enough to say this movie is decent. If you are a fan of the show, AVOID THIS MOVIE.

• Jul 24, 2018

I understand this movie wasn't true to the source material but people got so caught up on that that they ignored how great this movie was just as its own thing, This is without a doubt my favorite movie ever made and I wish fans of the show didn't destroy what could have been a great series just cuz it wasn't the show in movie form.

• Jun 27, 2018

Personally, I loved this movie because it was a great adaptation to the original series but with a twist. Even though I wanted to see the Misfits, the movie was really about overcoming your fears and being your true self. I cried during one point because there was a lot of emotion (no spoilers) but there are people who will disagree with me. If you have seen the show, then you should watch the movie not because of the characters, but because it is a great Coming Of Age film and it is for the entire family.