Jenny's Wedding Reviews

• Jan 13, 2020

Nicely acted but emotionally manipulative without a real plot.

Nicely acted but emotionally manipulative without a real plot.

• Dec 30, 2019

Didn't have a lot of expectations for this movie, but it managed to be a very pleasant surprise. The plot is pretty straight forward but the characters were brought to life with such warmth and soul that it managed to make the movie touching and believable picture of how change can be tough sometimes. This isn't a movie about a romance, it's really a movie about a family.

• Dec 13, 2019

I understand that this movie tried to depict a more "realistic" approach of the coming out process, but this movie is overall bad. Also, this review is coming from an absolute lover of LGBT sappy romance movies, but the way these characters were written felt as though the writer had no soul of his or her own. Every character lashed out in the most despicable way possible. Especially Jenny, who I felt I could relate to the most and hopefully help me through my own coming out process, but her character was just all around terrible. Seriously, she really did make everything about herself and acted as though the feelings of those around her did not matter in the least. Let me give an example here: Jenny's sister was confiding with her how she felt growing up. That Jenny was the favorite daughter of the mother and she felt pushed aside, forgotten about and not a member of the "club" they had shared together. Jenny gives her sister a "WTF is wrong with you?" Look. It felt as though she was really trying to say was "Can't you see I'm the one getting married so everything is about me? Go back to your corner where you belong. Movies like this feel so similar over time. It's as though writers are telling people who have gone through real life hardships of feeling left out growing up that they just need to "grow the hell up", forget that everything that has happened to them and the very famous line "move on." Easier said than done, right? Here's the good part, right after she completely disregards her sister's feelings, she asks her to be her maid of honor...WTF kind of movie am I watching Don't people have any ounce of empathy whatsoever? Don't even get me started on Jenny's mother.

• Jun 17, 2019

I thought the movie was very boring. I thought it was going to be good because I like Alexis Bledel and Katherine Heigl but I got so bored.

• Jun 13, 2019

awkward...quite outdated and not very representative for the time it was made

awkward...quite outdated and not very representative for the time it was made

• Jun 10, 2019

This may not sit well with everyone, however having been raised in a very strict Christian household I can tell you it would ring extremely true if this were my life! It had me crying the whole way through, empathetic to both sides, and crying for joy at the end when the father was able to put aside his beliefs, indoctrination, bias and old-school, bible-bashing values to embrace the true message of Christ... love!

• Dec 05, 2018

So many misrepresentations on queer characters

So many misrepresentations on queer characters

• Jul 22, 2018

Best lgbtq movie i have ever watch happy ending

Best lgbtq movie i have ever watch happy ending

• Jul 14, 2018

the kinds of likes of this even though it was an over exaggeration of what parents do when their children say they are gay but in that suburban town yeah I can understand why that would happen and after having in a conversation about this in a hairdressers today it just seem relevant very relevant

• Jul 05, 2018

A garbage can full of estrogen with a Spotify subscription. Remember when you were a teen, and had a mixed tape you made, and you would just listen to it in your room-- each song conjuring made-up movie scenes in your head? That's what this was. They made the soundtrack first, then said "Hey, I bet my 13 year old daughter can write a movie around this!". Then they went to the job posting board at the SAG Union. Looked around at every has been actor that is not doing anything worthwhile currently and exclaimed "Hey, be in my movie!". The queen in the B movie parade is, of course, Catherine Hiegl. This was a horrible movie, with horrible acting, and horrible music, that lost it's focus.