I Can No Longer Hear the Guitar (J'entends Plus La Guitare) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Can No Longer Hear the Guitar (J'entends Plus La Guitare) Reviews

September 10, 2011
lame boring and pretencious with characters that i could care less about.
Harlequin68
½ July 30, 2010
"I Can No Longer Hear the Guitar" is a dreary movie about the on-again, off-again relationship between Gerard(Benoit Regent) and Marianne(Johanna ter Steege) that is off when she becomes jealous over Lola(Mireille Perrier), the girlfriend of his friend Martin(Yann Collette). The movie succeeds very well at making the viewer as miserable as the characters while making it impossible to get any grasp on who they really are without any context. The jump cutting certainly does not help. Details about Marianne come and go. For example, it is established at one point that she is a single mother and then it is never brought up again. Later, heroin is entered into the volatile mix with a more lasting effect.
June 21, 2009
This film is dedicated to Nico,the singer of Velvet Underground...for me is one of the most important movie of last forty years..i should like that all flixster's people can watch this movie...dedicato a tutti coloro che amano l'amore.
September 28, 2008
Masterpiece. Confessional drama inspired in the enduring relationship of Philippe Garrel (the director) and Nico (Andy Wharhol's muse) and its bitter end, this film is little know but much enjoyable. Raw and quietly, it presents the dependence and the harm the relationship caused in each protagonist. So far, the best movie that I've seen this year.
September 18, 2008
I didn't mean to select this i don't know what this is.
½ April 22, 2008
This film defines the idea of personal film-making. It follows the haunting influence that singer/ model Nico had on the director both in the on and off nature of their relationship and his own dependency on heroin. Each scene moves us through months and years of the directors various relationships that are all touched in some way by his deep live of Nice-whose death inspired him to make the film. Superb.
April 22, 2008
Pour moi le meilleur et plus touchant de Philippe Garrel. On croit au début regarder un mauvais Rohmer (pléonasme), puis le film étale avec pudeur et dureté le deuil, le sentiment de perte, la déchéance, les amours ratés, le tout très garrelien, mais le tout sur la regrettée Kristina Pfäffen, dite Nico. Snif.
April 3, 2008
This board looks lonely. Be the first to talk about "I Can No Longer Hear the Guitar (J'entends Plus La Guitare)" !