Jeremy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jeremy Reviews

May 10, 2015
i loved this movie it was touching and romantic
½ January 2, 2012
This was basically a simple story of young lovers but was well done as far as the two actors who were actually 17 years of age playing 17. I just watched it on tv and found it pleasant and enjoyable. Robby Benson and Glynnis O'Connor teamed together in other productions such as a television production of Our Town(this is a must see) and the movie Ode to Billy Joe. For those who remember what it was like to fall in love at a young age, this is a must see.
½ October 29, 2011
Definitely a 70's looking and feeling movie. I have had a crush on Robby Benson since I was a teen so I decided to watch this...he and Glynnis O'Connor have a good chemistry together...they also acted together in Ode to Billy Joe. They are good in these first love melodramatic movies....he has such an innocent air about him.
June 8, 2011
Movie was far better then I expected it to be.
½ October 25, 2010
A good romance story about a shy young man.
½ May 9, 2010
I was quite enjoying this film, then it ended. I thought that if Stuart Murdoch would have seen this then he'd probably write an album about it. It sort of looked like an early indie film, no big stars, only geeky actors, big reliance on music, it could have been good but what a disappointing ending though.
January 2, 2010
There are just two things I'd like to say about this movie: LOVED. IT.
January 30, 2009
Loved this movie whe it came out. Love it now. The most beautiful description of young love - ever!
½ January 2, 2009
This was really sweet and sad. Robby Benson is the best!
½ September 18, 2008
Bored with the types of movies that are shown on any cable television in any country across the globe (even with 200 channels) ? I always find it hard to make a decision on what to watch. This movie was shown on UPC Dutch TV, and reading somewhat good reviews on IMDb, I decided to watch it.

At first sight, Jeremy Jones (Robby Benson) a young boy falls in love with a newcomer girl Susan Rollins (Glynnis O-Connors) at school. After a few awkward meetings, they start liking eachother, go together, and its special confused adolescent moments ? make love, discuss life, know eachother, enjoy each other?s company ? before the inevitable strikes. Susan?s father (Ned Wilson) gets his transfer back and has to leave the city. With so much sadness both this young souls depart.

This is a beautiful simple FIRST LOVE story of any young souls. The moments, the stalking, the emotions, the happiness ? everything is depicted in its simplest and truest form. There is not much coming in the way of their love ? which is a relieving part of the story. It is straight forward. The supporting cast ? especially Jeremy friend, his musical teacher and Susan father ? give a very understated but human character. Their responses to this teenage love stays with you in formulating your own responses in life.

Both Robby Benson and Glynnis O-Connors give the best performances of their career that spans (for both of them) to nearly more than 55 acting projects in last 35 years. But this role will remain their most loved and well remembered. Both are so comfortable with eachother ? especially in those delicately filmed love making scenes ? that it surely must be hard for the director and acting to film that successfully.

The Director Arthur Barron has done a very decent job in taking out performances from these young stars ? who look so natural and full of honest love. He makes this movie still watchable and relevant, even after 35 years. It is fresh as a morning dew drop ? and I think will remain so. This Director made only two feature films in his career, and mainly devoted his time for television.

A special mention of the theme song of this movie ? Hour Glass ? which is still hummable and pleasing to hear even today. It is a classic.

I would strongly recommend the movie to each and every adolescent to see and make it a part of their growing up years.

(Stars 7 out of 10)
August 13, 2008
I love the hilariously depressing ending.
March 30, 2008
We;ve been talking about this one. It's an incredible love stroy, and in my mind: the only real one. If you've ever been in love before, watch it. It will move you. It is the only romance that show WHY they love each other. All other romances show THAT they love each other.