Jesus (The Jesus Film) Reviews

• Nov 29, 2018

The most accurate portrayal of the life of Jesus, this movie is a masterpiece for Christian audiences. Being translated in more 1400 languages, this is officially the most translated movie off all time. The perfect movie for e evangelism.

• Dec 07, 2012

Taken entirely from the Gospel of Luke, "Jesus" is a mostly well-done portrayal of the birth, life, death, and resurrection of the Savior of the world. The acting is spot-on, and the production values are great for a film of that time, though they may seem slightly dated now. I did find the actor's portrayal of Jesus to be a little too staid in this film; though the actor smiled a time or two, he seemed a little too serious for someone that little kids liked to hang around. Though this film may be rated "G," I wouldn't suggest it for young audiences. The violence, though nowhere near Mel Gibson's "Passion" is a bit bloody at times, and the old-fashioned dialogue would confuse kids. For older children, teens, and adults, though, this would be a great supplement to a set of lessons based on the Gospel of Luke.

• Apr 20, 2011

This particular film is used regularly by Christian missionaries across the globe and has a very straightforward approach to the story of Jesus. It is the ultimate tale of salvation, but somehow, this film makes it utterly forgettable.

• Nov 18, 2010

great documentary about the life of Jesus, Lord and Savior of the world

great documentary about the life of Jesus, Lord and Savior of the world

• Jun 28, 2010

Although many passages have been omitted, this is still the most accurate film based on the Gospel according to Luke and life of Jesus Christ. It's a very powerful film because most of the narration sticks with the actual Bible verses. This is also the only film I know that shows baptism bowing down in full immersion instead of facing up which is accurate and natural.

• Feb 25, 2010

The most amazing life ever lived; He continues to change lives!

The most amazing life ever lived; He continues to change lives!

• Feb 06, 2010

This was an average flick and a sub-par Jesus film. The scenery was great, the story was not. It was confined to just the gospel of Luke and left out way too many details. I prefer the comprehensive Jesus stories that bring as much to the table as possible.

• Oct 27, 2009

It may be a good film but I never pay much attention to these type of movies. As I'm not religious religious films does nothing for me. The acting was probablly okay but the storyline just didn't work for me. I'm sorry but I won't reccomend this one.

• Sep 12, 2009

One of the Most Inspiring Movies I have ever seen! Rejoice! Jesus is with us! Karim Mohanna

• May 20, 2009

Very moving to remember Jesus and his life and works on earth.

Very moving to remember Jesus and his life and works on earth.