Jet Boy Reviews

• Jun 30, 2019

A story about hope and redemption. Two people running from the deep sadness that has darkened their lives, find each other slowly, painfully, with many missteps.

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Sep 20, 2014

Jet Boy is a unique coming of age story, that turns out to be nothing like the description on the back of the box. Many people are going to find it somewhat disturbing, however, unlike similar coming of age stories, Jet Boy does ultimately have a point and it's something most people need to learn. 12 year old Nathan (Branden Nardon) lives in poverty with his mother and all he knows is sex, drugs, and violence, so it's no surprise that at the ripe old age of 12, Nathan is a male prostitute. Things change for him when he meets a man who wants something other than sex. The man wants Nathan to help him with a job, and shows the boy kindness for the first time in his life. Nathan thinks he's fallen in love with this man and makes advances, only to be rejected. From his experiences, Nathan will ultimately come to learn that sex and love are two very different things and that kindness, doesn't always mean what he thought it meant. This film was Branden Nardon's acting debut and what a job he did. Part of me questions how someone with no experience can put on a performance like that, while the other part wants to know what kind of parents allow their kids to do something like this. Nardon doesn't just show off his talent with this performance, but he also shows a fearlessness that could come from upbringing or immaturity. Jet Boy is thankfully no where near as graphic as a film as Mysterious Skin, but it still has a few scenes that aren't easy to watch. This film is strange and someone disturbing, but by comparison it does have a message, that similar films don't. The writer is telling audiences to be weary of people who are overly kind, but in the end it doesn't mean that they're looking for something. In it's own bizarre way, it's also saying that sex is sex, and sometimes it's about anything other than love. An impossible lesson to have to learn at such a young age, but that is the true meaning of the film. Nathan learns something at a very young age, that we should have all learned in our adolescents and he ultimately becomes a better person for it. Jet Boy isn't an easy film to watch and many people are going to be turned off by the sheer age of the actor involved, but I like how everything turned out in the end. I was also introduced to a terrific young talent, and I appreciated the fact that the film got it's message across without being overly explicit. Sometimes we need to leave our comfort zones to experience something different and get a message that we general don't think a whole lot about, and for that I do recommend this film.

• Aug 28, 2013

This is the best film I ever saw. It has some disturbing parts but I like It. It has a very happy ending. I would do the same as Boon If I was him. This is my new favorite movie.

• Mar 24, 2013

I wasn't so sure about this when I started watching it, but it got better and better as the film went on. And the ending was a real clincher! I loved it!

• Aug 22, 2012

Entretenida, bien actuada, y muy humana.

Entretenida, bien actuada, y muy humana.

• Mar 29, 2012

An engaging storyline with a great twist and solid performances by Nadon and Walsh. It deserved a wider release. I bought a copy.

• Feb 29, 2012

The mark of a good short film is when it keeps you guessing where the themes and directions are taking you. A bit weird, but also sweet. If only all films like this had as happy an ending.

• Apr 07, 2011

Jet Boy was an endearing look at the bonds between Fathers and Sons in a rather unique story revolving around a very young hustler named Nathan and Boon an older man who is sort of mysterious. Dylan Walsh plays Boon a wonderful character who pretends to be hard nosed and hard edged but has a heart of gold.He meets up with Nathan after Nathan's mom overdoses and Nathan flees. The chemistry between the two characters is amazing and makes the film all the more effective. It can make you cry and make you laugh."Branden Nadon" who portrays Nathan is a pretty good little actor and draws you in so it's easy to feel his pain and plight. There is some sexual content that some might deem inappropriate because Nathan is so young,about 13..No explicit sex is shown but you know what is going on ,what I liked about it is even though the main storyline revolves around this subject it isn't objectified or gratuitous in the least.It is done very tastefully and in a matter of fact way.I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it to be a very satisfying film and it left me feeling good.

• Nov 01, 2009

This was an awsome lil movie and brandon nadon is a very good actor i wish we saw him in more movies

• Aug 18, 2008