Jews And Baseball: An American Love Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jews And Baseball: An American Love Story Reviews

July 21, 2013
Interesting documentary.
February 28, 2013
Almost as bad as when Nick went to space.
December 25, 2010
Does anybody knows where i can find it on the web?
As i doubt it will come out in Europe...Ty
December 18, 2010
Jews and Anything: A Movie I'll Watch
November 29, 2010
uoehavred tolima god' criuy po here oalig ncam do i so' riuly do tam coulie oalinga i mao o rali your m cem volis
Harlequin68
½ November 28, 2010
"Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story" is a sweetly insightful documentary about, well, Jews and baseball.(See, that wasn't so hard, was it?) On a general note, it is also about ethnic groups assimilating into the United States upon their arrival, Jews being no different, fleeing oppression in their home countries. And is there anything more American than baseball? Well, as Maury Allen puts it, there is baseball in the bible with the phrase "in the big inning."(Ha! Get it? Seriously, I think "let there be light" could just as easily be about baseball.) And there have been Jewish ballplayers since the beginning but the first Jewish superstar was Hank Greenberg of the Detroit Tigers who combated anti-semitism and stereotypes on the field in the 1930's, while being a hero for Jewish fans, seeking affirmation in one of their own.(At the same time, Moe Berg was a major league catcher who accomplished much more in secret than he did on the playing field.) A lot of the documentary's attention is focused on Greenberg and Sandy Koufax. I knew a lot about Greenberg from a documentary of several years ago but little about Koufax's story. Today's Jewish ballplayers look back to those who paved the way for them as their parents paved the way into the suburbs. But it is also no longer just in front of the lights that Jews have made contributions to baseball with union organizer Marvin Miller and baseball commissioner Bud Selig having huge impacts in their own way.
October 9, 2010
I thought that this was a terrific documentary. I would rate it 9.7 out of 10!