Jig - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jig Reviews

June 1, 2011
Amazing trailer... Those little girls are fierce... I wonder how bad the competition gets... I'm def going to go check this doc out, looks good :D.
½ June 1, 2011
JIG, I know nothing about Irish dancing but this hooked me at the beginning. It's remarkable to see how you can compare to the characters. You can't ignore the dedication these young characters have for their Passion to Irish dancing their way to WORLDS! Their talent turns into art then it turns into their life. Beautiful movie, and inspiring!
½ June 1, 2011
This film looks remarkable! I am so happy to know that a documentary was made on the beautiful art of Irish Dancing. I cannot wait to see it!
June 1, 2011
This film looks funny and moving too. Irish stepdancing, who knew it had world competitions? I can't wait 'til this documentary hits the US.
June 1, 2011
Must. See. This. I used to be obsessed with Irish Dancing as a kid. I didn't actually do it, but I loved to watch River Dancing with my mom and went to a few live shows. I think it'd be amazing to see it on a more competitive level rather than just an entertainment level. I especially want to see more about how the younger ones and the boys deal with the sport.
This doc looks so legit! Looks really well done... I'm excited :D
June 1, 2011
Trailer looks fantastic! I'm excited to see it
May 1, 2011
A very enjoyable doc focusing just as the title says on the art of jigging, specially surrounding the upcoming world championship and how numerous people from varying backgrounds around the world became passionate about this artform and made a career or early life pursuing it. Great cast of subjects gather here, but that might be the one fault of the film if anything is that because they cover so many people involved and pursuing to be the best, when they have the glorious crowning moment of one individual, it is not as utterly moving as it could be since the attention is so spread out in some ways (camera seems to focus on about 8-12 separate groups and categories) Otherwise a good light doc at Docs 2011 fest.
May 1, 2011
A sweet but pretty standard kids-go-to-a-competition doc. The world of Irish dancing is truly bizarre in terms of the sheer number of devotees but the film does a good job of showing why these kids spend so much time doing it. I wish there maybe hadn't been SO many people to follow (I think the Russian dancers were kind of pointless) but ultimately I enjoyed the ups and downs....but not enough to pay to see Riverdance.