Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale Reviews

½ November 30, 2014
Not bad. He's not your typical comedian. No real focus on race or sex. He focuses on food. Like a lot of other stand up shows, there's a shitload of random ass segways. Still the highlight of the show for me is the Hot Pocket jokes.
September 3, 2013
Jim Gaffigan has such a unique and original style of comedy that some people might not be able to appreciate it. I'm not sure if there's a term for it but I tend to think of it as "varying perspective stand-up". Throughout his routine he often takes on the persona of a member of the audience critiquing himself through "someone else's" eyes. Many times, this is actually the "punch line" of his joke. Yes, much of his content is food related but hey, we all gotta eat :)
June 1, 2013
Gaffigan is a comic genius.
½ May 12, 2013
As much as I love Jim Gaffigan, This special had a few dull moments. His newer special, you can tell he has more confidence, and knows how to handle the dead spots. Obviously I had watched the new special before seeing this one. If you loved this one, Mr. Universe gets even better
January 12, 2013
Favorite Jim Gaffigan vid
November 7, 2012
I have never laughed and cried so much in one comedy routine.
June 10, 2012
one of my favorite stand up acts.
February 12, 2012
Jim Gaffigan is funny as hell, but if I was a woman, I'd be creeped out by him and his humor. Gaffigan has mastered the awkward comedy routine, something that most comedians could not do even if their lives depended on it. His bit on Hot Pockets was so good that even now whenever I go to the grocery store and see Hot Pockets, I have Gaffigan's voice in my head singing "Hot Pockets." I suppose since I am not a woman and Gaffigan isn't hitting on me I find him hilarious instead of creepy. Great stand-up special.
December 18, 2011
My gut hurts after every viewing and i quote it all the time. "I didn't know he was gonna be making bear jokes"
October 23, 2011
You can agree that his Hot Pockets routine is the funniest shit of your life or you can be wrong.
½ September 14, 2011
Without a doubt my favorite Stand Up special. The only special I own on DVD. Jim Gaffigan is hilarious without being vulgar, and his jokes rely on things everyone can relate to...if you have ever eaten...Jim is the comedian for you. Its nice to see a comedian that isn't just cussing and telling me why men and women are different.
½ September 6, 2011
Kind of funny... a bit too ethnic for me to relate to though
August 17, 2011
Loved this, pretty clean/unoffensive until the last 10 minutes when he pokes fun at religion. Even still, the first 50 minutes is great and had me literally lol'ing again and again.
June 25, 2011
This was amazing. Watch it on streaming Netflix and laugh your ass off.
½ June 24, 2011
Hilarious! I never knew that jokes about cake could be so much fun. This is one twisted and funny man.
June 17, 2011
½ May 14, 2011
Jim Gaffigan is one of my favorite comedians. He loves poking fun at him self and in a unique twist he will even make fun of his own jokes. I am a man who loves his food so I loved that most of his stand-up focused on the way we eat. Jim Gaffigan also is great proof that you don't have to be particularly vulgar to generate laughs.
½ April 16, 2011
One of my favorite comedians. This guy is hilarious!
October 22, 2010
Think a comic doing a 90 minute routine about mostly food wouldn't be that funny? It probably wouldn't be if Jim Gaffigan wasn't the comic doing just that, giving observations on not only food but his view on life and traditions in general. I have always been a casual fan of Jim Gaffigan and liked his character work in movies but to truly appreciate his timing as a comic genius, I strongly recommend this hilarious stand-up performance film. The bit he does on Hot Pockets for instance is pure comedic brilliance.
September 28, 2010
He's SO hilarious. I've seen this several times and love it every time. Probably my favorite stand-up comedian.