Joan of Arc: Child of War, Soldier of God - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Joan of Arc: Child of War, Soldier of God Reviews

September 22, 2010
Brilliant Film About A True Christian Saint.
½ May 17, 2009
GREAT MOVIE, A MUST SEE.
February 1, 2009
might be good, but also scary.
February 1, 2009
HELLO HI I HOPE TO BELIEVE ME
June 23, 2008
A good summary of Joan of Arc's inspirational life.
½ March 18, 2008
I didn't like this film.
December 30, 2007
I am a history buff so I was intrigued by a video about Joan of Arc. This made for TV documentary is well shot. It is accented by both simple and a few rather impressive reenactments. Effective use of historical paintings. In fact you can tell great pains were taken to cast the reenactment scenes with people who looked like the portraits. Alfred Molina was a good narrator. Unfortunately Anna Paquin's forced French accented voice-over as Joan was an annoyance. There are three bonus features, a formal biography, a timeline of important people and events, and a list of resources for those that want to study Joan of Arc more extensively. These are accessible only by computer. I find them far too brief and lacking in detail and are even more disappointing as they contain text-only. This is redeemed very slightly by the fact that you can print the material.
July 10, 2007
Do the Martyrs exist? Yes, indeed! The Catholic Church continues to sail bravely across the rough sea of life (as Jesus Himself predicted to Saint Peter, the first pope of the Catholic Church "Matthew 16: 18-19") marked with the blood of her Martyrs, like Saint Joan of Arc, who gave up their lives for the sake of the Church's evangelizing mission. Learn how God uses the saints/martyrs to touch the depth of the human heart. Learn how He uses a simple and holy soul to draw the sinners and the whole world to Himself in spite of the evil of misunderstanding and misconception. Learn how His saints and martyrs triumph even in the midst of torture and persecution. This movie is based on a true story, the life of the young maiden of Arc, Joan, who heard God's call, responded, and eventually became martyred, proving that God exists in His Catholic Church and wants peace to reign in the human heart, for only then, the world will find peace and true love.
June 29, 2007
wow...this story is too great to be described in words. just watch it.
June 1, 2007
An amazing story of faith and commitment to ones god, family, and country.
½ March 6, 2007
I didn't like the ending of this movie
February 26, 2007
My patron saint, Jeanne d'Arc
February 4, 2007
I thought it was a good movie.
January 26, 2007
ita sooo true and sad. joan of arc is really inspiratinal!!!! just love it.
½ June 21, 2006
un vrai bon film médiéval