Joe Somebody - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Joe Somebody Reviews

½ August 18, 2016
Bullied at work, a father decides to defend himself and schedules a fight with his bully. He soon visits a defense instructor who helps get him ready for the fight. This family comedy is a one joke gimmick but does its best to entertain.
March 30, 2016
It's got some hackneyed jokes and the plot isn't very inventive. But there's a subtle joke or two. Everyone did a good job in their roles; no one was too bored, or overdramatic, or bland. The training scenes, where Jim punishes Tim, were amusing.

It's OK. It's not a masterpiece, but it's not bad, either. A good popcorn flick when you don't want to think too much.
½ March 27, 2016
3/24/2016: Not a great or really funny, but I still liked this movie. It had an excellent cast and I liked the story.
June 7, 2015
Pretty weak moral outing with very few moments for adults.
½ February 18, 2015
Schmuck turns hip movie. Not too bad. Laughed a few times. I think the movie tries to make a lot of points about shallowness. You know
October 12, 2014
Joe is one tough man and father!
½ October 10, 2014
It's been TOO long since I've seen this
August 19, 2014
of the work together this is my least fave uneven and no funny
August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Early 2002 in theaters)
½ July 25, 2013
Cannot go wrong with Tim Allen and this film was funny (hilarious squash scene) heartwarming and left a fuzzy warm feeling at the end. James Belushi was also awesome.
June 20, 2013
Putting aside the massive gaps in story, the bloody awful plinky-plonk soundtrack, the predictable storyline, the sitcom feel and the overly precocious child, it is actually a mediocre film.
½ December 25, 2012
i think this is tim allen's best live action role and its very very funny
½ December 11, 2012
it was an ok movie, it's watchable but I don't think I'll watch it again though, it was an ok movie, it was directed by John Pasquin, it was an ok film but I don't want it on DVD, I expected better
½ November 24, 2012
Love good family men
½ October 31, 2012
They needed somebody to want to star, and since Tim Allen whores himself off anyways, there you go.
½ October 14, 2012
EEEEK! Seems like a very high score for what seems to be a pretty much unheard of Tim Allen movie right?

Well maybe it is, but I don't really care, I loved this movie. I picked it up dirt cheap on dvd and got it for James (jim) Belushi, I had read that he was good in this so I took on a chance on a blind buy. (glad I did)

It has a quote on the dvd box that says "Enormously entertaining and heart-warming" and that's pretty much what it is, but it's also damn funny to boot.

Tim Allen is really good here as is Julie Bowen from Boston Legal (and she's also very hot!) but Kelly Lynch (Roadhouse, Curly Sue) has very little to do. A young Hayden Panettiere (Heroes) plays the 12 year old going on 60, wise Yoda like child that always seems to be in these kind of movies to help steer the adults in the right direction.

The star of the show though is Jim Belushi, man he is funny in this and a great character who steals every scene he is in.

Don't expect to watch this movie with some kind of unexpected ending, you know after 10 mins what's going to happen, but it's a damn fun ride that will make you laugh and smile all the way through.
October 8, 2012
This was a great feel-good movie. A total sleeper, there are moments in this film that will make you laugh out loud, like when Julie Bowen takes Allen to a new age art feature. The nude male artist paints a canvas by drawing paint up into his ass from an enema bag, then splatters it on the canvas by bending over and squirting it. Some of the paint splatters onto Allen. I started watching this movie on a rainy day at home, totally expecting it to be a stinker...but found myself pleasantly surprised.
September 1, 2012
Not a very good movie, but I liked it when I was a kid. And I still enjoy it today.
August 15, 2012
Dumb, Horrible, Stupid
½ August 9, 2012
A dumb old divorced loser (Tim Allen) gets his ass kicked on his company's parking lot in front of his daughter. He makes it a point to get a revenge, and in course of preparations he learns the meaning of life and finds strength and interest for living (Julie Bowen). Rather clumsy spirit elevator that should have dated back to 1980s.