Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten Reviews

• May 25, 2019

An interesting view of Joe Strummer life, a collage of pictures, videos (that I can only assume were not so easy to come across) and interviews. I love The Clash so for me the film was half way there even before starting it, but I guess that if you are not a fan, the story is definitely not mind-blowing. Here you see the man behind the legend, and the problem is... as a man he was pretty disappointing.

• Feb 02, 2016

Interesting life of one man and his band.

Interesting life of one man and his band.

• Jun 04, 2015

Best music film ever made. Watch it, you won't be disappointed.

Best music film ever made. Watch it, you won't be disappointed.

• Sep 25, 2013

A fascinating insight into the public and private life of a real rock icon.

A fascinating insight into the public and private life of a real rock icon.

• Sep 05, 2013

Incisive documentary.

Incisive documentary.

• Oct 24, 2012

Reminds everyone that: at least you're alive! Don't moan about life and get on with it!

• Oct 19, 2012

With some brilliant visual techniques and a brilliant soundtrack (obviously), the Future is Unwritten is a magnificent film that gives a nice insight to the life of Joe Strummer and the rise of The Clash.

• Oct 07, 2012

An absorbing doco on a cultural legend. Not uncritical of his many faults, but his greatness shines through.

• Sep 15, 2012

Its about Joe Strummer. So yeah, its one of the most interesting movies ever.

Its about Joe Strummer. So yeah, its one of the most interesting movies ever.

• Aug 04, 2012

A very great documentary. With all the interviews taking place around a campfire in L.A. with a radio playing Clash music and the occasional group sing-a-long with an acoustic guitar. All the clips of Joe and The Clash are excellent and really reveal just how great Strummer was.