John Carter Reviews

• 2d ago

? I knew nothing of this movie or the books before I walked in to watch it. During the movie, I kept thinking, "Disney is just making a big stew of all the Sci-Fi movies for the last 40 years". Only to discover afterwards, it was the other way around. My mind was blown. Personally I loved this movie. The animation was great, the humor and tension were well paced, and I genuinely enjoyed the characters. It was imaginative, adventurous and just a nice, clean, enjoyable film and I really am sad there wasn't a sequel.

• 5d ago

it was a great movie don't know how its rotten

it was a great movie don't know how its rotten

• Apr 09, 2021

This film is much better than its reputation. Had it been marketed better it might have been a big hit. I suspect that much of the low rating reflects the stench of box office bomb. This is not to say that John Carter is a great film. Relatively speaking, it is better than than any but the first two Star War films and nearly every comic book movie of recent years.

• Apr 03, 2021

Great story line and visual effects, a movie I thoroughly enjoy rewatching to this day

• Apr 03, 2021

I loved the books as a kid but if you really want to mess up a series that all sci-fi such as Star Wars & the Terminator are based off of Disney did it. It is a shame as this could have been an EPIC Franchise for Disney and now they just make blah flicks for being afraid of losing money again. I hope somebody redoes this.

• Mar 26, 2021

wish it had been marketed better and hadn't come out so soon after that prince of persia trashfest so we could have gotten a direct sequel. watching the movie made me download and read the books because the story was that compelling. guess they are debating creating a tv show for disney+ but i don't have high hopes it won't turn out to be woke trash like everything else they do now. would highly recommend the movie and books though.

• Mar 21, 2021

Competing against a whole crop of fantasy action movies, and its pre--release word of mouth as a misfire - John Carter ended up as a massively underrated movie. Granted its a little old fashioned in its story beats, but it is visually stunning, and well paced. It feels like an throwback to and older style of action movie, but with all the modern VFX. It works as a film, and is well worth a watch.

• Mar 08, 2021

Loved everything about this movie. The books deserves more movies. This was very well done!!

• Feb 19, 2021

Really should have made the sequel.

Really should have made the sequel.

• Jan 29, 2021

♦️ Not the story I remember reading, but an enjoyable expansion of the Burroughs novel. I really liked the interjection of the Therns earlier in the story. ♦️