John Dies at the End Reviews

• Jan 16, 2020

You can spot the influences if you like Phantasm, Lovecraft and The Evil Dead look no further. Pretty good, you'll probably like it unless you're some kind of normie?

• Oct 29, 2019

I gotta say that I was surprised by this film, the flick legit freaked me out. It literally was going all over the place, but I can honestly say I was shockingly entertained.

• Jul 17, 2019

It was okay for a B-movie, the main character was quite annoying but the story is decent & fun.

• Jun 16, 2019

Naked Lunch, stoner movie, Videodrome, shaggy dog story, they're all there and more. Scrappilly edited at times, perhaps due to budget, but it ploughs on regardless and, with several laughs and a few twists along the way, gets there in the end.

• Apr 07, 2019

Clever, creepy, with wit to spare.

Clever, creepy, with wit to spare.

• Mar 08, 2019

JDATE is one of my favorite films. Utterly original and engaging and freaky and funny. Very well written, directed, and acted by people who understand the tone of the piece. I'm amazed that some people's minds have become so conservative and safe and square that they don't see the brilliance in this movie. Where's the soy sauce when you need it?

• Dec 19, 2018

Hipsters rejoice. A movie about you. Funny it is not.

Hipsters rejoice. A movie about you. Funny it is not.

• Dec 12, 2018

Had to stop it with 15min left because I couldn't handle it anymore. Thought it was stupid and not funny.

• Sep 24, 2018

It opens with a great skit about killing a nazi zombie and I wish the whole movie was about that instead. The rest of the movie is meh.

• Sep 23, 2018

Not sure what everyone was EXPECTING when they chose to watch this [remember you can't un-watch], but this movie was all that I hoped for and so much more. There's definitely the essences of Lovecraft and Kubrick here, a spark of genius and a spark of true weirdness and horror.