John G. Avildsen: King of the Underdogs Reviews

• Mar 07, 2019

Wow, had no idea who he was, but seeing this film made me admire his tenacity and vision. I felt like I just went to film school, Fascinating hearing Scorsese, Burt Reynolds, Morgan Freeman and Stallone share their stories of working with Avildsen and the behind the scenes footage was riveting.

• Mar 07, 2019

Great behind-the-scenes footage never seem before of Rocky, Saturday Night Fever, and other great films.

• Mar 07, 2019

This was an awesome documentary. Beautifully edited and filmed. If you are into movies or just a fan of behind the scenes, this is a much watch.

• Mar 07, 2019

This is such a well done documentary about such an interesting life, I find it very inspiring. I moved to LA three years ago and love how people here are brave enough to follow their dreams, in spite of the challenges and obstacles. John Avildsen proved that obstacles are opportunities in disguise and the filmmakers who paid homage to this great director should feel very proud. It was so well done, and so captivating, I watched it over and over.

• Mar 07, 2019

Wow! An amazing introspective heartfelt documentary that details the life and work of a great film maker! He shaped our movies of today!