Johnny Sunshine Reviews

• wicked A Super Reviewer
    Feb 09, 2012

This is one of those times I wish I could provide a negative rating. Ok, so the 1/2 star is for the pathetic effort and the determination which allowed this low budget, fecal maggot money shot a spot on my netflix. I've tried to come up with one positive thing, but alas... I cannot.

• Coxxie M Super Reviewer
    Dec 21, 2011

"the Kill-Fuck. this is what i do. i kill and i fuck." "this cunt wants to get her pussy fucked? then she's gonna get her pussy fucked." "what the fuck are you doing you fucking crazy bitch?! im gonna fucking kill you, bitch!" "if it wasn't for the thought of you raping my corpse, i wouldn't even die." a colorful cast of characters decorate this film like solid brown ass confetti. introducing: zombie kill-fucker who humps and licks her bed after kill-fucking. bounty hunter with a shaved face but furry neck who wins a knife fight with a fly swatter. and finally, trench-coat wearing fat druggie who pretends to shoot heroin between his knuckles and then pretends to die on a bed while the bed gets humped and licked again. this movie is on DVD. THIS MOVIE HAD PRODUCERS WHO MADE SURE THAT IT RECEIVED A PROPER DVD RELEASE.

• May 16, 2009

I?ve seen some bad movies in my day. The Dead Hate the Living. The Human Tornado. Burn, Hollywood, Burn. Johnny Sunshine: Maximum Violence made the list. It?s not that the film is amateurish ? and oh boy is it. I can appreciate low budget filmmaking for what it is. But it still needs to do something interesting. And therein lies the problem. Johnny Sunshine has a killer premise. Tell me this doesn?t sound like a great movie: In a world overrun by zombies, drugs and violence, entertainment is hard to come by. Enter Johnny Sunshine, the beautiful yet cold-blooded assassin whose zombie-killing exploits are the basis for the world?s most popular reality television show. When she discovers that her double-crossing producer has arranged to have her taken out, Johnny decides it?s time to take her world-famous murdering skills behind the scenes. It does sound awesome. It would be awesome if this were the movie I?d seen. It isn?t. Instead, the description should read something like this: In a dull world overrun by zombies, drugs and violence, entertainment is hard to come by. Enter Johnny Sunshine, the sadist whose zombie-killing snuff films are popular. That whole plot thing described in the first sequence? That takes place in the last third of the movie, but doesn?t really resolve. The end of the movie is when she decides to take her skills ?behind the scenes.? There?s no rampage of revenge. The main problem is the pacing. Johnny Sunshine snoozes along so slowly that even I, your intrepid viewer of nearly everything, couldn?t take it. I?ll admit that from about the ten minute mark, I watched the film at 2x. Perhaps this muted some of the ambiance, but it was still too slow, IMO. The focus of the film was actually the torture scenes, in which JS captures a person (not a zombie, as far as I can tell) and tortures them before having sex with and killing them. It was really classy. So classy I closed the curtains lest my neighbors glance in and think, well, that I was watching Johnny Sunshine. Most disappointing, there aren?t even very many zombies, and the ones in the film are basically worthless. They could have been ?druggies? just as easily. I usually suggest that most films have something worth watching them for. I can?t make that claim for Johnny Sunshine. I wouldn?t even show this film to my bad movie club.

• Jan 30, 2009

I went into this under no illusions that it was going to be anything but a low budget zombie flick. But I was shocked at how seriously ultra-low budget it was. This movie was obviously made by a group of people with a great idea but who have failed miserably transferring it onto the screen. The whole film has been obviously shot in someones flat. If you can get over the terrible torture/sex scenes then you'll laugh out loud at the snail paced action sequences. No stunt coordinator on this film. I do have to give some kudos to the editing. They clearly had a good computer package with lots of fancy wipes.

• Jan 23, 2009

Seeing as how it lacks a plot, acting, direction, and sets that aren't a single apartment and the street immediately outside, I guess this is supposed to be a grossout movie. But it isn't nearly gross enough, you have to sit through 30 minutes of pathetic everything before you get a minute or two of gore. For quality splatter, turn to our friends from Japan.

• Dec 28, 2008

incredibly awful! almost nothing redeeming about this at all. avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Nov 27, 2008

i think this is possibly the worst movie i have ever seen...Ed wood's movies are better than this smut

• Oct 21, 2008

It started with so much potential for a unheard-of but then it just got dragged on. the scenes where over done/ a bit too long. on the plus side, wicked sets and costumes for what it is.

• Oct 18, 2008

This was OK. I was really impressed by the fetish club scene., nice visuals and music.

• Patrick D Super Reviewer
    Oct 02, 2008

There's no way that this film should be rated so low. It is low budget, but that doesn't make it bad, maybe it makes it a bit better as you can tell this person just went out and made their film because they really wanted to. The story is not the best, but it's not terrible and it is rather unique, or at least unique enough to hold one's attention. The structure of the story is a problem as it appears a bit pointless or like it's going nowhere, but as a first film it's really not horrible. It's well directed and you can really see that Matt Yeager did the best he could with his limitations. So overall it's not a great movie but it's OK, and really, only should ignore the budget, because it's not a big deal at all. At least this guy went out and made a film... what have you done?