Johnny Shiloh Reviews

• Nov 09, 2013

It was an okay film. It was not the best film nor the best. I thought that his Yippee! and Yahoo! for excitement were a little over the top. Just because I have somewhat of a recall of what happened with Johnny Clem I know like most Disney films this one exaggerated the story of Johnny Clem. I do not believe he was captured by the Confederates. He did receive a watch with his name Johnny Shiloh. I am not sure how much the Confederates would have known of Johnny Clem if at all captured. Some parts appeared cheesy. As I recall Johnny Clem also attempted to join several regiments before finally being accepted. He did eventually receive the rank of Sargent for shooting an officer. However the Confederate officer who was riding his horse asked Johnny to surrender then shot the officer. This film shows that he shot a Confederate officer fighting one of his colleagues without talking to anyone of the Union prior to being shot.