Johnny Was - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Johnny Was Reviews

½ June 1, 2012
There's nothing more annoying then african music playing in the background for the majority of the movie. Besides that, the movie was slow, & boring, nuff said.
October 30, 2011
alright movie, great soundtrack
½ May 21, 2010
So the only reason I wanted to see this was because of Samantha Mumba. I didn't have high hopes for it, but then again didn't really know what it was going to be about. While it wasn't a bad film I just wasn't that interested in it being mostly about drugs and gang wars which don't really interest me. Fairly good acting, but the storyline was a little dull. Overall I can see why some people would like it, but a film that just wasn't for me, but it was nice seeing Sam on screen again :)
½ May 20, 2010
It is hard to find a film as inept as this.
March 21, 2010
Vinnie Jones in good film shocker! Ably supported by an eclectic cast ranging from Lennox Lewis, to Patrick Bergin via The Who's Roger Daltrey.
October 14, 2009
In general, interesting story about a guy who wants to leave his past with an Irish separatist organization. Interesting characters and good acting all around.
½ September 24, 2009
alright movie, great soundtrack!
August 9, 2009
Not bad film. Acting isn't amazing (and you can clearly see Vinnie Jones checking out Samantha Mumba's form in every scene they are in - I'm not surprised!) but interesting film on the whole.
½ June 27, 2009
it has a cool ending, if you can make it that far. it starts out ok, but then it kinda loses focus (and my interest). also eric la salle as british and jamaican? so hard to believe.
½ June 21, 2009
The action can't really replace the stupidiy of the story. The acting is somewhat b rated and the action at that also ain't all that but i would be lieing if i said that this movie completely sucked. It was a fun movie but towards the end it did seem a little outplayed. Decent but was expecting more i guess
½ May 17, 2009
could have been a masterpiece,but sadley was'nt.
Bit of a poor mans Lock stock
½ April 3, 2009
I was recommended to see it, told it was possible one of the worst film in years. Well it is not the worst ever made, but its close. When Lennox Lewis gives the best performane, it speaks for itself.
February 26, 2009
Vinnie Jones is a pimp. Although.. I woulda went with Rita no doubt..
December 7, 2008
It was a decent enough movie, though a bit low-budget. It was fun to see Vinnie Jones, who usually plays vicious psycopaths, play a mild-mannered hero and Eriq LaSalle, who usually plays mild-mannered heroes, play a vicious psycopath. All in all, the performances were good, but the script is a little bland. Lennox Lewis stole the show as a rastafarian radio DJ.
September 25, 2008
I enjoyed it, good shit
September 4, 2008
Eriq La Salle was totally unconvincing as Jamaican drug lord - loved Vinnie though, Patrick Bergen got h-e-a-v-y
½ August 23, 2008
Could have been good but seemed like the writers didnt really know much about the criminal underworld and thus was a little unconvincing. Samantha mumba with her clear skin looked nowt like a junkie and Brixton tube station being empty in the middle of the day was laughable
August 15, 2008
A movie that started out really strong, and with lots of potential, but as the movie moves along, the movie loses your intrest and leaves you wondering what the writters and directors were thiniking. Could have been a really good movie if more thought and time were put into it.
August 2, 2008
This movie was just that Johny was some guy that got into some ish
July 25, 2008
Ich werde in 3 Wochen vergessen haben, da├? ich diesen Film ├╝berhaupt gesehen haben. Nicht richtig schlecht, unteres Mittelma├?.