Johnny Was - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Johnny Was Reviews

½ July 17, 2008
Fast paced, entertaining action flick. Not much of a story, but it has a nice mix of plots.
½ July 14, 2008
Swaps street cred for substance and seriously loses out. Waste of a great cast, minus the ubiquitous Jones and 98FM deity Samantha Mumba, who don't really count as great to begin with.
½ July 11, 2008
Poor Poor Poor. A Bad outlet for Vinnie Jones and an even worse one for Eriq lLa Salle with a Jamaican accent. Lennox Lewis stinks to high heaven and one is not sure of the exct plot or point of this movie....
June 16, 2008
"Where were you in '72 when the Brits were knocking down doors?"
-"I wasnt born yet."
"That's hardly an excuse."

Twas decent. Vinnie's good, Lennox is good. Brixton looks like Baltimore.
½ May 19, 2008
I & I Luv Da movie Good action awesome soundtrack good to know abit o patois...but mi ah de ongle one dat did stay till it dun...
½ May 13, 2008
After relieving myself and look back in the toilet, I will always remember this film.
½ May 8, 2008
Very good movie. Loadsa Action and Comedy
April 30, 2008
loved the ending! ireland rules.
½ April 14, 2008
Not only was this film awful, but my DVD was dodgy, so I missed the last 6 minutes of the film.

April 12, 2008
The film tries to deal realistic with the british-irish problem, but it won't work really.
April 10, 2008
A very broad range of actors in this film. Lennox Lewis had me pissing myself when he was on the bin in the street! I thought the end was a bit predictable though. Not bad at all.
March 28, 2008
yea watchable but not worth the rent
½ March 22, 2008
I picked this one up on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. This seems to be what Ed Burns talks about except it's not quite a woody allen meets ireland it's more of Ireland meets Babylon meets Shin Feighn. Irish Gangster Movies rock... so what if it takes place in Brixton.
March 19, 2008
I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but it was pretty damn good.
March 18, 2008
Not bad at all, seen a lot worse.
Watchable coz you know everyone in it !!! Vinney does a good job.
½ March 14, 2008
Typical British gangster film with solid acting and moments of cleverness, but it's rather derivative of other films... recommended only to those who love crime films of the British variety.
March 11, 2008
One of my most Favorite Movies
½ February 3, 2008
There's nothing more annoying then african music playing in the background for the majority of the movie. Besides that, the movie was slow, & boring, nuff said.
½ January 23, 2008
Love it! Sound track was amazing. I liked the story, a whole lot different than an American one.