Josh and S.A.M. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Josh and S.A.M. Reviews

½ June 14, 2012
The movie is ok but a little bit over the top, the whole adventure thing was pretty cool but it seems in the movie that the parents really didn't seem to care enough that there 2 boys stole a car and they hadn't even heard from them for a while. The funniest parts were when the little kid was driving the (7 yr old one) Because he kinda looked like a cool gangsta with the hat and drove fast... not the greatest movie but good to see if you like movies that are on the road alot
blizzpirate
½ July 21, 2010
June 24, 2008
Not everyone's familiar with this one. Josh and his brother Sam are the typical fueding siblings. One day Josh gets so mad at his brother, he tells him he's a "Child Warrior", and his name is actually an acronym for S.trategically A.ltered M.utant! This sends them on a journey to Canada to escape being sent off to fight in the 'Child Wars'. Along the way Josh makes up another story that there is a "Freedom Fighter" named "The Liberty Maid", and they eventually meet a woman that actually looks alot like The Liberty Maid! A crazy, but fun adventure.
June 25, 2007
It's been a really long time since I saw this movie, but I remember it was good. Good adventure story kids.
½ February 14, 2007
On one hand it's a good story about two runaway boys and the people they meet along the way, but on the other hand the subplot of one of the boys being genetically engineered is really stupid. Martha Plimpton is excellent as a girl they meet on their journey.
½ August 17, 2007
I knew this was bad even as a kid.
October 2, 2012
how can you not give it 3 stars
September 13, 2012
move is underrated and virtually unknown at this point in cinema
½ June 14, 2012
March 28, 2012
I like this. its fun and entertaining
September 5, 2011
This movie is scattered with comedic situations, but not enough to make for a memorable movie. Also in the cast are: Stephen Tobolowsky, Joan Allen and Chris Penn.
July 19, 2011
I JUST watched this. The Sam kid annoyed the crap out of me, yet for some reason I continued to watch. It was a good movie even though I didn't like one of the main characters. I wish that the Alison character would have been in it longer. Anywhos and shoes, I wouldn't mind watching this again!
blizzpirate
½ July 21, 2010
February 6, 2010
A definitively B movie with some fun elements and memorable story.
February 3, 2010
History in the making...
September 25, 2007
I think S.A.M. really stands for Strategically Abhorrent Movie, which was what this was.
April 20, 2009
I saw this in the theater back when it came out in '93. I was 13 at the time and could easily identify with Josh (Jacob Tierney), a kid who was alienated and ridiculed because he wasn't athletic and was skinny. This is the kind of flick for kids and adults to watch that does not possess all of the absurd Disneyfication that others do. You can enjoy this whether you're 12 or 30.

Josh is angry at his brother Sam for ganging up on him verbally with their step brothers while at their biological father's house in Florida for a stay. To exact revenge, Josh tells Sam that he found information on their father's computer indicating that Sam is a cybernetic child soldier and that his name stands for Strategically Altered Mutant. Sam believes it and Josh's claims that their parents will send him off to war for the Pentagon, so they high tail it on the road in a stolen rental car that they obtained after knocking Chris Penn out (LOL). You get to see a young Joan Allen in this, she was Pamela Landy in the Bourne movies.

Fun stuff that you can watch with the family.
June 24, 2008
December 14, 2007
sounds weird, but could be good.
November 23, 2007
I loved this movie when I was a kid. I am going to rent it