Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 1, Planet of the Dino-Knights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 1, Planet of the Dino-Knights Reviews

January 22, 2013
The beginning of the greatest direct-to-video franchise ever made. A great start, but doesn't resolve the Dino Knights in this film!
June 13, 2011
no thanks not my thing
June 13, 2011
January 10, 2008
These stars do not reflect the quality of the film, but the quantity of enjoyment it provides. Obviously the whole series is complete garbage; the acting is horrific, the effects are laughable, and the storyline is so ridiculous it's painful. But I grew up with these films, and having just rediscovered them, intense nostalgia has made me see through all that. The characters are very loveable, especially Azabeth Siege (also a great name), there are some real comedy moments, and the plot is so adorably silly. This is certainly not the best in the series, but it has some funny parts. Start your kids on the Josh Kirby series! Anyone over age 15- if you start on them now, you'll probably hate them and think I'm insane...
½ August 16, 2007
I've seen all the Josh Kirby: Time Warrior episodes when they were on HBO. Not sure if this is the same, though...
August 2, 2007
What a picture. I must say, absolutely fantastic. What an intro, what an ending, the middle was alright too.
June 25, 2007
One of my favorite series of movies made. I remember watching it back when it came out, and everyone since then. If you haven't watched it yet, then you really should.
June 25, 2007
A must see, brillant backdrops, seamless stuff, epic epiphanies, love, robots, and jimmy john's subs. This movie has what it takes to do it for the gipper!
½ August 20, 2006
Critics have hailed the Josh Kirby...Time Warrior! series "The greatest creative endeavor of this, or any, century" and "Fun for the whole family!" I myself just simply call it a low-budget thrilling family adventure. Fans of Corbin allred will note that this movie is one of his first movies, and should be bought, if you wish to see young Allred in one of his first starring roles.

Okay, so this movie isn't that great at all, it has some poor cutting, acting, writing and story, but still manages to be a really enjoyable movie for me. Quality no...but the series has an indescribable charm and defininitely has the area of quantity covered, with six feature-length movies all about our young hero Josh Kirby.

The best acting, and the most rememberable performance in the movie both come from Barrie Ingham as Irwin 1138, who actually is a really good actor. Ingham has the wonderful ability to make some of the worst lines in the script sound...almost plausible. Burns as Azabeth Siege, the cunning warrior, is probably one of the worst things to ever happen to the movie industry. I am not hating on Jen Burns, I just think that the writers gave her lines and action that makes her the most pathetic excuse for a warrior that I have ever seen and she comes complete with limited acting skills, like most of the cast. Corbin Allred is actually allright in the role of Josh Kirby, and is one of the better performances of the whole series...but is nothing compared to his co-star Barrie Ingham, though Ingham obviously has more experience..

A lot of the poor cutting comes from the fact that the makers of the movies wanted it to be exactly feature length, in other words, they cut it off at exactly 90 minutes, even though the story hadn't finished itself. The rest of the poor cutting comes from the fact that this movie was not originally the first in the series, in fact the second movie came before this one. At least that is what me and a few of my colleagues have deduced. We think that this movie came second, and with a huge amount of cutting and editing they managed to somehow switch the order. So, watching them with the second coming first, wouldn't work either, because the whole thing is just one big editing nightmare. So, with this messed up plot, one would assume that this movie has a lot of things that don't make sense at all, when in fact, they are just in the wrong order, or the wrong movie.

Other than that, the movie has some of the worst puppet-work that I have ever seen in my entire life. Prism is so annoyingly immobile that it is hard to get into his otherwise lovable character.

Top it all of with some really bad stop-motion dinosaurs, and you have a really messed up movie. But the badness of this movie is definitely not bad, it is in fact some of the best badness to ever be made, and I give props to all who took part in the making of this movie. It is probably going to be one of the top movie on my list of movies that are soo bad that they are good. And it definitely not the worst quality movie to be ever made...I think that one was called "Keeper of Time".