Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 4, Eggs from 70 Million B.C. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 4, Eggs from 70 Million B.C. Reviews

January 22, 2013
The CUTEST of the Josh Kirby films. Probably my new second favorite. This is Azabeth's story. And Azabeth Siege ROCKS!
November 21, 2007
August 16, 2007
ahahaha. i've only ever seen the trailer for the josh kirby movies (it was the most entertaining part of 'congo'). this one definitely has the most memorable title. you're no match for me, josh kiiirrrby!
½ August 20, 2006
The best flim in the Josh Kirby series. It is not a whole lot better than the rest in the series, but has a slightly better story than the rest of the movies. It is in this movie that we get most of the insight into the character of Azabeth Siege, played by Jennifer Burns. Most of the whole adventure takes place on Azabeth's homeworld, which is under attack by the slaver Dreadnaught.

Okay, so if you were watching closely in all of the rest of the films to Azabeth's recitals of the Codes of Kang, it is here that you will see one of the codes repeat itself with a completely different definition. Where the 17 Code of Kang was "Whosoever taketh another woman's man, must keep close watch on her own" in the first movie, it is now "If you are going to strike, strike, don't talk." The eleventh code repeats itself in a similar manner. It just goes to show you that the makers of the movie weren't paying enough attention to detail during the making of these flims.

The acting in this movie, is sadly just as bad as it always is. This time it seems to work better because we realize that everyone from Azabeth's homeworld is a bad actor, not just Burns herself. But, one of the most annoying things about this movie is how they just pretty much downplay Prism as much as possible. It is like they completely ran out of budget and couldn't afford to work the Prism puppet. So, through much of the movie you will see Prism stuffed in Josh's backpack, so the filmmakers wouldn't have to pay the puppeteers as much.

We see more of Josh's time warrior powers in affect in this movie, and we find out that Josh's abilities allow him to age objects, though it isn't done very well in the movie, mostly due to budget constraints I am sure.

Just an all around bad movie that has charm and a whole lot of good badness. If you have watched the first three movies, don't stop now.