Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 5, Journey to the Magic Cavern - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 5, Journey to the Magic Cavern Reviews

January 22, 2013
Five stars for the SURPRISE TWIST ALONE!
½ March 22, 2010
one of the best bad movies ever made in my opinion. definitely a must to be watched with friends and laughed at. YES!
November 5, 2007
Five stars for the SURPRISE TWIST ALONE!
May 4, 2007
this sounds interesting
August 20, 2006
PORCINI! That is all I can say. Porcini is my favorite character of all time, no pun intended. Okay, this movie is just as bad as the rest of them, but this time I think they spent a little money on the costumes. The 'Shrooms look pretty good for such a low budget. Too bad nothing else even is remotely as good as the costumes on the 'Shrooms.

Heads up to one of the most annoying performances of all time. Ding, the Bell 'Shroom is probably the most annoying thing to ever be made. Her character is supposedly the son of the 'Shroom they are questing after, but Ding is played by a woman. There is no reason why they couldn't change the script to say Ding was a girl shroom, yet they kept it in. Her character, though, is so annoying it is hard to enjoy yourself in this movie.

One of the main reasons for Josh and pals to journey deeper into the magic cavern is to get Azabeth the cure to her mushroom-induced disease, which just so happens to be the spores from another 'Shroom. One thing that seems ridiculous is that Azabeth in her sickness still has the strength to spout out five different Codes of Kang in this film. So, if you were worried her sickness kept her from speaking of Kangian Code, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ding is what really makes this movie worse than it could be, not that it could be very good. But, Porcini makes up for the Ding factor, nicely. Well, not that Porcini is a good actor, for some reason I like him. Well, there you have it the badness that is so bad its good, isn't even spoiled by Ding, and Prism is still stuffed in a backpack.