Journey to the End of the Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey to the End of the Night Reviews

December 29, 2013
Woefully Miscast...in the funniest ways possible.
October 19, 2013
Sad enough to break your heart and that is just the music. Course photography and acting adds an edge to the film that puts you in a scummy place as is the style of this movie. Tuff sharp acting with anger at the core giving roughness to the characters that is well placed and makes one thankful for what one has in life. Nibbles: Pastel.
½ February 24, 2011
uhm yeah really. dont waste ur time. the long title should have been one tip off that it would it be lousy. yuck! 98 minutes of my life just gone gone gone :(
½ October 21, 2010
Exciting, gritty, funky, surprising
½ November 12, 2009
The backdrop of Sao Paulo was refreshing for a otherwise generic, beaten to death storyline. The acting wasn't bad, but the script just did make me care one way or another about the characters.
August 9, 2009
Hehe, ez is ugyanaz a film? Komment az elozo valtozatnal.
June 11, 2009
The unrated version came before the ratred version?
April 26, 2009
At first, I was intrigued that this was set in Brazil, but I don't know why I sat through the whole thing, it was pretty bad. Brendan Fraser can't act to save his life, Mos Def was pretty good though, I just wish he was in it more.
February 28, 2009
Good performances by Mos Def and Catalina Sandino Moreno save this from being anything worse. What the hell was Alice Braga doing in this? Her role had no point. She didn't even play the tranny!
February 7, 2009
I'm not sure if there was anything redeeming here.
½ December 1, 2008
Movie was kinda boring, but had some great performances...especially Mos Def.
November 30, 2008
The actors don't really seem to be on the same page. The acting styles are too varied and this ends up detracting from the movie. The story had a potential that was never realized.
September 15, 2008
Pretty good in spite of Brendan Frasier, he was just to over the top...I liked the story though Mos def did good as a Nigerian speaking Portuguese, the pace was really good though the movie was always moving never seemed to drag on & on...
August 10, 2008
This was better than I expected. Mos Def really shows his range in this (I see big things for this boy). The setting gave this movie flava.
August 1, 2008
Bored me, except Mos Def.
½ July 27, 2008
This movie is a total mess, and the plot is so confusing that I don't think the writers even knew where they were going with it. The only reason I gave it that last half star was for Brendan Fraser's performance. This is probably his darkest and most disturbing performance, and he handles it so well. There are so many levels and emotions that he goes through with his character, that it was the only reason I could tolerate the film. Mos Def adds a great performance, as well, but overall, this film is just a mess.
½ July 14, 2008
Gritty pot boiler made in Brazil with an eclectic mix of famous faces and non-professional actors. Flawed but entertaining, a very character driven plot.
July 12, 2008
Mos Def plays the only characteryou could have any empathy with, the rest you really don't care if they get wasted. Lots of violence without the impact of a City of God.
July 11, 2008
Average movie! Brendan Fraser turn to be a very bad guy!! The storyline is not strongh enough!
½ July 11, 2008