Journey To Promethea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey To Promethea Reviews

October 24, 2016
Billy Zane Saves and Ruins this movie!..... and there was a "almost" epic Collar on the main villian but they didn't go full on epic, which was a bummer... but this is fairly entertaining for it's cheese and bad factor.
½ November 5, 2013
Fantasy is a hard genre to make a feature length film out of on a low budget but sometimes you just shouldn't even try.
With costumes, dialogue and story that makes Xena look like Oscar material, Journey to Promethea promises nothing and delivers it in spades.
The story is standard fare dealing with a slain father, a prophecy about a magical sword and a great warrior that will free the land from its tyrant king (Billy Zane). Add a few supporting roles like a great warrior brother, a great warrior teacher, a jaundiced elf, warrior princess and her amazonian guard and it makes you wonder, with only a few days of training how the writters ever thought a farm hand could make a believable "great warrior" next to all these other great warriors. Oh wait... he's just the one prophecized to have the magic sword but he only gets the magic sword because he's the one in the prophecy and.... argh! My head hurts trying to make sense of this senselessness. And so this little to no plot driven story continues on introducing pointless characters only to climax in one of the most boring sword fight sequences ever to see film AND apparently the tyrant king magically evaporates or something.
Billy Zane is fun to watch for the 5 minutes he's on screen but it doesn't make up for the other 1.5 hours of garbage. This made for tv movie is highschool drama level at best... and I'm being generous.
December 22, 2012
Loved it. Honestly, it's the best film I've seen in ages.
When the gnome died I was almost in tears it was such an emotional moment. The special effects in particular were dazzling and the ending a stroke of genius.
½ September 30, 2012
What an absolute load of.......
½ May 8, 2012
1 hour and 23 min of waste of time! Please don't watch this stupid movie! I'm so angry now !!!!
February 22, 2012
just got it at pound shop its going back if ican find reciet
December 2, 2011
Journey To Promethea (2010)
½ November 30, 2011
Biggest waste of time and billy zane ever! This movie looks like it was dumped off onto some hack artist that used billy zane to market his crap and make a quick dollar. The covor shows billy zane as the hero, he doesn't even stand up let alone fight.
½ September 16, 2011
This is easily in competition for the worst movie of all time. It really has no redeeming qualities in terms of production, acting, direction, effects, everything else...

That said, it is hilarious.
½ September 16, 2011
Gem if you like bad movies.
August 8, 2011
It's like they didn't know how to end it and just stopped it
July 26, 2011
I wish I could give it a negative rating. It felt like hell watching it
½ May 11, 2011
I could have filmed a better movie off my phone.
½ April 21, 2011
Disappointing. It looks like people from a Ren Fest got together and made a film.