Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Reviews

½ December 5, 2014
Trrrrtyypoiyyrfhgrtggygghnh bhh hygygyhyhuhuhygyhgygygygygyhygygygygygygygygygygygygygtgygygttgtgygtgtgggtgtgtttttttyyy yyyyyyyyyyuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuÿyyyyyyyyyyyyyyimjmhnufbgyftcfv be g cftfrfrfrfrfrf rfrftftftf tfr f r frd r rr r uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnjmmmmmmmmmmmmjjjjhjhnnnnmmmjhhhhn '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''?'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''. ?...?
December 5, 2014
It's pretty stupid. They all have poor dialogue, acting, and roles! In a movie like this, the cantankerous directors probably just quit and left it to the actors for a star role themselves! Think! Common Sense people!
½ November 30, 2014
Good movie for the family. My kids
loved it. It was goofy, and obvious, and we loved it.
½ November 29, 2014
my son loves this movie
½ November 26, 2014
Always love the Rock, but other than that it was a very predictable, typical, corny family movie.
November 22, 2014
Not bad, but a long way from GREAT.
½ November 21, 2014
Complete junk...and proud of it, Journey 2 shamelessly copies every single trope, clich and plot point from the kids-rompy-adventure-film book without adding much of its own. Nonetheless, with a brisk pace, decent chase sequences and a corny nostalgic value, it makes perfect disposable family entertainment.
November 14, 2014
movie was cute, playback sucked. Appeared to be zoomed in so you could not see most of the image. The only movie I have this problem with.
November 11, 2014
BbbLwrffgvtbhfy ccfurp
½ November 10, 2014
Journey 2 is a step down, but is a pretty well done and fun movie with the same awesome visuals and an enjoyable performance by the Rock.
November 10, 2014
good movie the Grandkids enjoyed it
October 31, 2014
I enjoyed "Journey 2". It's just a fun, family-friendly romp. It definitely has its "bullshit" moments where, even within the logic of the movie, characters and the world behave in ways that are plainly and unnecessarily wrong. These are, fortunately, spread out enough that each can be forgiven before the next arises. The movie is comfortingly predictable and includes the bare minimum of stock characters for its needs: The precocious, reckless boy. The cute, sensible girl. The buffoon. The crackpot. The responsible adult.

It's a throwback to the sort of family adventures Disney was so good at in the fifties and Sixties and very effective for what it is. The 3-D is put to good use as well, so you get your money's worth for the 3-D premium.

I've got to say Dwayne Johnson carries these family action comedy roles with admirable aplomb. He's thoroughly likeable and charming and self-mocking but still credibly tough. He sings pretty darn well, too.
½ October 28, 2014
With a good cast and original story, but predictable and boring for the adults.
½ October 25, 2014
With a good cast and original story, but predictable and boring for the adults.
October 20, 2014
A bit better than the 1st one but still bad! And ohhh why Michael did you join the cast in this waste of time.
½ October 19, 2014
Cool movies for the kids.
½ September 30, 2014
The mom is replaced, I hate Josh Hutcherson, his acting and stupid face. Such a bad actor and such a punchable face.
September 23, 2014
Acceptable family friendly adventure movie which neither knocks your socks off nor makes you want to gag. Josh Hutcherson plays a role too young for him, as does Vanessa Hudgens. This sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth does have some interesting takes on Jules Verne's works that I found creative. Dwayne Johnson and Michael Caine are here for comic relief.
September 21, 2014
Love this film because it is an adventurous film.
September 12, 2014
Really good but not as good as the first one