Journey to the End of the Night Reviews

• Jul 27, 2016

A reasonably enjoyable film but a bit confusing with the amount of different characters in it who I couldn't keep track of who they were.

• Jan 25, 2016

if you're looking to love Brendan Fraser in this -- you won't-- in fact i almost hated him after watching this... You actually want his dad to come out on top -- then the flip happens and you feel for Brendan's character. I have no idea what the people who hated it were watching -- it was a solid, yet dark, movie.

• Nov 28, 2015

An exotic dancing night club owner and his son, Americans in Brazil, find a suitcase of cocaine and broker a deal of a lifetime. It takes a special kind of stupid to have no back-up plan, and these idiots looking for a cash-grab are just that kind of special. Their mule dies after sex with a cross-dressing prostitute, and they must rely on a dishwasher from the club to be the mule. I wanted to enjoy this - I really like Fraser - but these characters are cyphers and you can't root for or care about them.

• Jan 29, 2015

a thrilling or at least entertaining piece of a colliding crime story piece with some good names to use in interesting films like this as each stars screen talent's used to good extent in this dark Brazilian landscape.

• Sep 20, 2014

Thought I'd give it a watch because I like Brendan Fraser (or used to) and Scott Glenn, but the plot here is about such despicable people I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

• May 03, 2014

Brendan Fraser should avoid playing the bad guy. Maybe avoid drama altogether and still to comedies, animated movies and children's movies. His portrayal of a badass villain is so bad it's laughable - you'd think it was a parody of a villain. His performance is so bad it goes past good and back to bad again. However, Fraser does not single-handedly ruin the movie, though his performance was capable of doing that. The plot is wafer-thin too. Tries too hard to be gritty and instead ends up a random, gratuitous-violence filled mess. Just seems to drift along haphazrdly with no point at all. Mos Def's performance is one of the few positive aspects of the movie. Quite convincing. Scott Glenn is pretty solid in his role too. Other plus is that the movie is reasonably short...

• May 29, 2013

fantastic movie. by far Brendan Fraser's best movie

fantastic movie. by far Brendan Fraser's best movie

• Mar 09, 2013

Almost a good story, but enough there to keep me watching. Too much gratuitous violence, and suspense, but easy enough to fast torward through. Glad I only paid a dollar to see it.

• Aug 26, 2012

Mos Def was cool in this movie and that's about the only good thing I can say about this movie.

• Jul 31, 2012

Interesting midnight b-movie, a german-american-brazilian co-production with a good cast, sinister atmosphere and a bitter story...