Joyeux NoŽl (Merry Christmas) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Joyeux NoŽl (Merry Christmas) Reviews

December 28, 2014
This is the best Christmas/War film.
½ December 23, 2014
A unique war film, 'Joyeux Noel' is more about the human capacity for forgiveness and understanding even in the face of horror. It boasts a fine range of European talent, including the likes of a young Daniel Bruhl, a moving but sparse score, and rather convincing recreation of the tight, filthy trench life.
½ December 18, 2014
Good movie based on the true story of the German, French and Scots soldiers calling a temporary truce to celebrate Christmas during the first world war.
½ December 17, 2014
The all the history of one section is put into one story. A very touching Christmas story!
December 11, 2014
Peaceful, civil and disobedient
March 28, 2014
Perfect for Christmas.
½ January 12, 2014
An underrated movie about the true meaning of christmas.
December 27, 2013
WOW

great movie !!!!
December 24, 2013
Wonderful movie based on a true story during WW1 in France between the Germans, Scots, & French when humanity and peace kicked in and they enjoyed Christmas together in the trenches.
½ December 22, 2013
A holiday pick that must be watched at least once.
December 13, 2013
Realistically depicted drama shows humanity on all sides of the war, regardless of ideologies that have caused the war. Morals: +3; Form: +4
December 10, 2013
one of the best war movies i have seen
December 8, 2013
It's one of the most amazing war stories ever told, and demonstrates the awe-inspiring power of Christmas. Joyeux Noel is an exceptional film that tells the true story of the spontaneous 1914 Christmas truce of World War I. The film does an exquisite job at bringing the characters to life, and at drawing the audience into story. Rarely has a film depicted the life of the World War I soldier and the complexity of war so well. Joyeux Noel is a loving tribute to the soldiers who found the Christmas spirit during the madness of war.
December 8, 2013
Beautiful little film but I wept uncontrollably for about five to ten minutes in the middle. Im a sucker for a bit of silent night.
½ December 1, 2013
In times of war you rarely see a shining moment, well prepare to be awed with what happened in the middle of World War I. Truly an inspiring film of true events, proving to us once again that humanity needs music and art, aspects in our lives that help cultures find common grounds.
October 27, 2013
Peace, kindness and "sharing" together...is what Christmas is all about and should be extended in "all" times. Remarkable film about camaraderie between young wise leaders and their men...it was a "moment" that history will never forget...I know I won't...