Judge Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Judge Dredd Reviews

September 12, 2015
Amusing self parody of action thriller parable of police state excused by anarchy.
August 21, 2015
I hate to say it but the best part of this movie is Rob Schneider. After reviewing it I realized that the plot is almost exactly the same as Demolition Man. Again, the best part of that on was Rob Schneider.
August 13, 2015
This movie is mindless fun. It isn't deep, it isn't introspective and it isn't emotional. I enjoyed it for what it was, a simple action movie.
August 1, 2015
The acting is simply laughable all around the board starting with Rob Schneider. the action is mediocre at Best. If you want a good Judge Dredd film check out the 2012 film, Dredd. better than this in every facet of the word.
½ June 29, 2015
srsly? stupid acting stupid script and stupid jokes. I like that ABC robot
½ June 10, 2015
Totally destroyed the mythos and genre of Judge Dredd. Campy, overacted, and blatantly defiant of the source material.
June 4, 2015
Sylvester Stallone stars as the comic book anti-hero Judge Dredd...and it is a very forgettable experience. Visually the film should be impressive, but it really just looks like ultimately better 1990s sci-fi films like "The Fifth Element" or "Total Recall." It lacks anything exciting or memorable that those films had. Stallone is shockingly bad in this. I don't know much about the character or the comics, but it seems that this film must have gotten everything that made those endure wrong. The more recent film starring Karl Urban is much better.
½ May 26, 2015
It's crap no better way of saying it, there is only one scene vaguely worth watching.
½ May 19, 2015
Typical Stallone awful flick.
½ April 17, 2015
The story is the weak link in what is otherwise a marvellously fun chain. Unfortunately, when it comes to the film industry, the plot-link is kind of the most important one, so I can't really call Judge Dredd a success. And although the general premise is strong, this is not to the credit of the movie, seeing as it sources its material from the comic books of the same name, and 2000 AD.

Sylvester Stallone (the titular Dredd) and Rob Schneider (his offsider) are perhaps poor casting options. But they aren't so terrible as to make Judge Dredd unwatchable, especially seeing as there are a quite a few good choices to balance this out.

Despite being made in '95, it shares that intrinsically 1980's vision of a dystopian future, where all the buildings are black, all the signs are neon, and all the residents are androgynous punks and goths. Which to be honest I'm a huge sucker for, so this earns Judge Dredd some points (though again, not for originality).

It's perhaps not the sort of description you'd expect of a violence-heavy, guilty-pleasure dodgy sci-fi, but Judge Dredd is just so cute! The ABC Warrior I have a particular soft spot for, but even overall, the piece is enjoyable to not take seriously (though taking it seriously is probably impossible).

Yes it's true that Judge Dredd is enjoyable in a laughing at it kind of way rather than a laughing with it one, but that's still enjoyable in my books.

61%

-Gimly
February 18, 2015
I actually like this file, It's comic book campy and I like the visuals and music.
February 9, 2015
Well,this movie parodies itself although I do not think that's what the film makers intended.
½ January 20, 2015
La vi por segunda vez, la primera vez fue el 95 y me pareci˛ amena para ser la adaptaci˛n de un c˛mic estÓ bien, deslumbrado con los primeros planosde Diane Lane.
December 7, 2014
Part serious, part silly- it doesn't really work well, but it is a fun film. The effects and props are nice, and Stallone is still a likable actor- but his role doesn't feel too fresh. Schneider is unnecessary and usually unfunny, he feels out of place for most of the film. The movie isn't a great adaption, but there's enough action and eye candy to keep you entertaining through a majority of the running time.
½ December 2, 2014
Not exactly a good movie but damn did I have fun watching this. It's your typical 90's action flick so its kinda cheesy with over the top, well everything. Big action, big explosions, garish skin tight costumes and laughable (but bad) one liners. As far as being faithful to the comic, it fails big time as its more of a Stallone movie than a true Dredd movie but if you're in the right mood its also entertaining as hell.

Stallone IS the law here as Judge Dredd a futuristic cop from Mega city who holds unilateral power as judge, jury and executioner over overpopulated and violent cities. When he is framed for murder and banished from the force (and the city) he must fight his way back to reclaim his badge and take down Armand Assante -who is pretty awesome as the bad guy.

This movie is generally hated but I had a ton of fun watching it (except for Rob Schneider as the "comic" sidekick -he was terrible) The story is decent though and there are a ton of interesting characters (and actors) involved (Diane Lane, Max von Sydow, Scott Wilson). I also liked this future view, yeah its kinda Bladerunner-ish but interesting with cool gadgets, giant robots, flying motorcycle chases, redneck cannibals and a ton of unintentional laughs to be had along the way. 12/1/14
November 2, 2014
With an awesome production design and set material that is easy to distinguish with Star Wars or Total Recall, Judge Dredd happens to be my worst movie of these I compared. I believe Director Danny Cannon was obliged to present this sci-fi comic book based movie as a fabulous and entertaining action flick, with character development and storytelling at its lowest, except he threw in a comic relief character, played by Rob Schneider. As critics and audiences took his character seriously and criticised him I have a doubtful opinion as to agree with that as I found him quite humouress and a fine supporting character. When Dredd is wrongly convicted of murder Schneider's Hergie was just the person he needed to back him up - a less serious and anti-combatant type guy! I also loved Stallone's plausible one-liners like 'I am the Law' and other few ones that were repeated as well. I was never a fan of Diane Lane nor have I seen her movies, but her presence in this movie defines her as an earnest character and she's sexy! As well action paced as it was, Judge Dredd just needed a bit more plot and character development to make up for the critical disappointment, oh, and I also loved the score by composer Alan Silvestri.
½ October 31, 2014
My favorite superhero movie, very well directed, most of the cast are great in their roles, and the story is intriguing and genuine!
½ October 21, 2014
A silly futuristic film that featured dumb costumes, and even stupider dialogue. its set in the future and Stallone is the main law man. The movie just fails to pack any kind of significant punch. I didn't take this movie seriously in any way.
½ October 17, 2014
Old school classic, damn difficult to find the original tho. So if anybody has one or knows of an original dvd...PLZ let me know
October 4, 2014
Stallone is the best and only JUDGE DREDD. Fun entertaining movie.