Judge Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Judge Dredd Reviews

February 18, 2015
I actually like this file, It's comic book campy and I like the visuals and music.
February 9, 2015
Well,this movie parodies itself although I do not think that's what the film makers intended.
½ January 20, 2015
La vi por segunda vez, la primera vez fue el 95 y me pareci˛ amena para ser la adaptaci˛n de un c˛mic estÓ bien, deslumbrado con los primeros planosde Diane Lane.
December 7, 2014
Part serious, part silly- it doesn't really work well, but it is a fun film. The effects and props are nice, and Stallone is still a likable actor- but his role doesn't feel too fresh. Schneider is unnecessary and usually unfunny, he feels out of place for most of the film. The movie isn't a great adaption, but there's enough action and eye candy to keep you entertaining through a majority of the running time.
½ December 2, 2014
Not exactly a good movie but damn did I have fun watching this. It's your typical 90's action flick so its kinda cheesy with over the top, well everything. Big action, big explosions, garish skin tight costumes and laughable (but bad) one liners. As far as being faithful to the comic, it fails big time as its more of a Stallone movie than a true Dredd movie but if you're in the right mood its also entertaining as hell.

Stallone IS the law here as Judge Dredd a futuristic cop from Mega city who holds unilateral power as judge, jury and executioner over overpopulated and violent cities. When he is framed for murder and banished from the force (and the city) he must fight his way back to reclaim his badge and take down Armand Assante -who is pretty awesome as the bad guy.

This movie is generally hated but I had a ton of fun watching it (except for Rob Schneider as the "comic" sidekick -he was terrible) The story is decent though and there are a ton of interesting characters (and actors) involved (Diane Lane, Max von Sydow, Scott Wilson). I also liked this future view, yeah its kinda Bladerunner-ish but interesting with cool gadgets, giant robots, flying motorcycle chases, redneck cannibals and a ton of unintentional laughs to be had along the way. 12/1/14
November 2, 2014
With an awesome production design and set material that is easy to distinguish with Star Wars or Total Recall, Judge Dredd happens to be my worst movie of these I compared. I believe Director Danny Cannon was obliged to present this sci-fi comic book based movie as a fabulous and entertaining action flick, with character development and storytelling at its lowest, except he threw in a comic relief character, played by Rob Schneider. As critics and audiences took his character seriously and criticised him I have a doubtful opinion as to agree with that as I found him quite humouress and a fine supporting character. When Dredd is wrongly convicted of murder Schneider's Hergie was just the person he needed to back him up - a less serious and anti-combatant type guy! I also loved Stallone's plausible one-liners like 'I am the Law' and other few ones that were repeated as well. I was never a fan of Diane Lane nor have I seen her movies, but her presence in this movie defines her as an earnest character and she's sexy! As well action paced as it was, Judge Dredd just needed a bit more plot and character development to make up for the critical disappointment, oh, and I also loved the score by composer Alan Silvestri.
½ October 31, 2014
My favorite superhero movie, very well directed, most of the cast are great in their roles, and the story is intriguing and genuine!
½ October 21, 2014
A silly futuristic film that featured dumb costumes, and even stupider dialogue. its set in the future and Stallone is the main law man. The movie just fails to pack any kind of significant punch. I didn't take this movie seriously in any way.
½ October 17, 2014
Old school classic, damn difficult to find the original tho. So if anybody has one or knows of an original dvd...PLZ let me know
October 4, 2014
Stallone is the best and only JUDGE DREDD. Fun entertaining movie.
½ October 2, 2014
More true to the original comic version than the new one.
September 21, 2014
Carino, molto ingenuo, poco originale, ma ti prende e ti affascina.
September 16, 2014
Director Danny Cannon's attempt to adapt a British comic book series resulted to be a wasted, mindless shot with a style of "Blade Runner" meeting John Verhoeven's futuristic directions with similar contents being used. Part of the "mind" is that Rob Schneider was probably casted at the last minute of desperation, but did fit the film's comedic side of buddy cop situations next to Stallone - who by the way was let down by the film's ways even though he likes it when he's usually good. (C+)

(Full review probably coming soon)
September 10, 2014
A Dredd-ful (get it?) comic book adaptation caught between trying to appeal to a younger crowd (Rob Schneider as comic relief, God-awful one liners) and an older one (some scenes of gruesome violence). In the end, no one will be satisfied, except fans of bad movies.
September 1, 2014
I really have no idea what this movie wants me to take away from it aside from the fact that Sylvester Stallone is a person I have heard of.
August 24, 2014
Hard to determine if Stallone is being absolutely serious in this or playing this up for the schlock value. Unfortunately, I have to go for the former. Rob Schneider is in this, and he's providing all the "comedy", so that just proves my point The later "Dredd" rectified any character assassinations this film caused.
½ August 14, 2014
I really enjoy this film, yes it's hokum but I've seen much worse. It captures the spirit of the comic books very well.
August 8, 2014
18%? " I knew you'd say that!" People just do not understand this movie. If it didn't take itself so seriously, it may have been better reviewed. Still, great pulp SciFi (despite Rob Schneider).
August 7, 2014
Not a faithful adaptation, but is still fun as a Stallone sci-fi actioner. Rob Schneider was a big casting mistake.
July 30, 2014
The remake is better but this still a good film