Judgment Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Judgment Night Reviews

January 20, 2017
Hilarious. But great lighting!
December 30, 2016
Alright entertainment. i feel like it was a miracle each step of these guys adventure. the miracle being the story continues because of no good hiding places. i like all the characters. classic 90s stuff. cool movie
September 3, 2016
I loved this more as a kid but it still holds up well.
June 13, 2016
Not the greatest thriller but well worth watching on dvd. More A stars than you can shake a stick at!
June 8, 2016
A slick and cool action thriller. Suspend credibility and enjoy the ride. A 90s classic
April 20, 2016
A highly underrated movie.
February 12, 2016
I had the opportunity to watch "Judgment Night" since I thought it would make an excellent thriller. Well, the thrills weren't as... thrilling; suspenseful maybe, but not too thrilling. The acting was okay (I guess) & so was the direction, the story was pretty good, & the soundtrack was quite fitting. "Judgment Night" was a so-so decent film that could have been a little better.
December 23, 2015
Awesome action movie
September 20, 2015
This a real edge of your seat kind of action-thriller. When i first saw this movie i was at the edge of my seat at every second, it was that good. And well directed.
February 24, 2015
Obviously not to be bothered with reality or technical direction this movie is absurd and unbelievable in the worst way. The bad guys are miraculously beam themselves off a roof with no ladder after it is thrown off the roof, and track the group where ever they go as if they had some amazing tracking abilities. Stephen Hopkins what were you thinking?
January 3, 2015
This movie was awesome
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Great movie about some guys on their way for a boxing match and they taking a another way to make it in time. But they get witness to a killing and now they being chased from the killers in some empty/poor town. Denis Leary play one of the villian here and he makes it great. Overall nice movie !
December 1, 2014
This movie drew me in and kept me on the edge of my seat!! It's a little cheesy at times and has graphic violence but is a gripping adventure
November 13, 2014
One of my favorite movies as a kid although it didnt do that great at the box office if i remember correctly but the budget was prob high because of all the known actors. Dennis Leary a comedian was popular back then for his angry tv rants on mtv is the bad guy. I think it was a good mix to see him play that role because comedians arent very known for playing bad guy roles, and even back then comedians were just usually comedians. It also stars the singer from the rap band "House Of Pain" as Dennis's sidekick. The movie takes you on a journey through a abandoned ghetto with alot of little interesting spots. I always wonder if they are real areas or made in a studio. There is alot of good famous actors in this movie including cuba gooding and emilio estevez. Its kinda alot of suspense mixed with action.
October 22, 2014
An underrated edge of your seat thriller that sets apart from all thrillers. It's one of my favorite films of Emilio Estevez playing a newly wed husband who must survive an unfortunate run in with a drug lord (played remarkably by Denis Leary).
September 29, 2014
Frank Wyatt (Emilio Estevez), along with his brother John (Stephen Dorff) and friend Mike Peterson (Cuba Gooding Jr.) set out to see a professional boxing match in Chicago with their friend Ray Cochran (Jeremy Piven), who is testing out a lavish RV has has borrowed from a car dealer. Stuck in traffic, Ray decides to save time by exiting the expressway and searching for a shortcut through a poor residential neighborhood. The four friends are alarmed when they hit a man named Teddy (Michael DeLorenzo), who they take into the RV. They find that he has been shot, and that he has a paper bag filled with money. The group sees a police car and begins pursuing it. They are unable to catch up and their RV is side-swiped by a Cadillac. The impact forces them into a narrow alleyway, leaving the RV stuck between two brick walls and unable to start. Moments later, three unknown men shatter the back window and drag Teddy out. Still inside the RV, the four friends witness gang leader Fallon (Denis Leary) shoot and kill Teddy, and then reminds the rest of the gang that they have a policy to leave no witnesses. As the criminals approach the RV, Frank sets it on fire, and all four escape through the front window. The four manages to get away, but the killers are soon back on their tail again while they are trying to find help in the middle of nowhere...

I saw "Judgment Night" back in the days when it came out in the videostore and then I reckon I saw it as an ok action vehicle, with Denis Leary hot from his MTV rants. Thereīs of course a strong moral pillar in this film. How do you handle this sort of frightening deadly situation? How do you handle friendship and family bonds being truly tested? And how do you handle the fact that your life is at stake for real? The movie itself is ok, but maybe not overly exciting in 2014 to be honest. The acting is ok from all involved, but the storyline is a bit too thin and dramatically itīs a bit weak at times in my eyes. Itīs not fully balanced, but itīs not a disaster either. However, this movie will always be more known for the killer soundtrack that merged hip-hop acts with heavier rock sounds.
½ September 13, 2014
Watched the trailer and was tricked into such a butchery of the human sense which was this puke of a movie.
½ February 23, 2014
Interesting movie that's all
December 30, 2013
A little predictable at one scene, but it's overall powerful and intense. Emilio Estevez and Cuba Gooding, Jr. were great together, and Denis Leary was really menacing.
December 30, 2013